Am I really what he says

Discussion area for adult survivors who are afraid they might hurt others physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally. Also an area for those who have harmed someone physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally and want to heal. Sexual addiction can also be discussed.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Halfheart

Am I really what he says

Post by Halfheart » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 am

:oops: Hi guys
My issue is I grab my husband when we in fight to say please don't go after he had threatened to divorce me. This is not the first that we have had this kind of fight it's the 3rd now he is calling me a abuser. He knows most of my past trama. I am really what he says I am. I was phycology physical emotionaly abused by my father and then was molested when I was 7 by great uncle and raped by a friend at 23. Now my husband says he is probably going to divorce me because feels like I have ignore all the help he has tried to give me which is not true I just haven't progress as much as he would like. Any thing would help on what to do to make him understand
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from ST to NT

Harmony

Re: Am I really what he says

Post by Harmony » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Dear Halfheart,

You deserve support. You deserve a qualified person to help you understand you part and your husbands part in "things". What really helped us was first me getting the help I needed to understand and cope with my trauma past. Then we added in my husband to sessions. He's got issues. I've got issues. It takes a third person to help sort it out in my opinion. What you chose to do is up to you.

Remember no one asks to have the histories we all have here. Trauma creates a huge impact on future life. To ignore it is not helpful nor fair. Be good to yourself. Listen with an open heart and remember your partner could be the other half of your "Halfheart". This is for you to figure out. Love can heal. Relationships take a lot of work. It is worth it.

with care,
Harmony

Halfheart

Post by Halfheart » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Thank you, it just seem to be the more I try and fix it the more I can't
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT

Harmony

Post by Harmony » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:19 am

Dear Halfheart,

You know the old: if at first you don't succeed, try try again. Have you sought help before? We bring you company and experience of others. A support board can't fix things but we sure do have the power of lots of experience. Have you got good professional help? Don't give up there is hope.

with care,
Harmony