Fleur's 2019 Thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

reisha

Re: Fleur's 2019 Thread

Post by reisha »

Oh my goodness, {{{{{FLEUR!!!}}}}}

Thats a nwhole lotta everything ya got goin on! GO, FLEUR, GO!! (Wheres the cheerleader emoji?) I got tired just readin it (j/k). Im so Very, VERY impressed! Askin alotta the same questions There does & just so very excited for ya. Hadda snarfy chuckle to readyer gettin 'slop' too. <wry snort!> the choc flaor is best, orif ya can get butter pecan, its evenbetter. (Ymmv, of course). There are also all kindas 'muscle bulk up' powders avail. Im STILL lookin for a FLAVORLESS product that i can put in savory meals, drinks, etc - the kinda (sickly) sweet taste/smell gets old real quick. Hmm, maybe i shouldna-a said that. Dont wanna influence ya. But cant waitto have sumone to converse w bout this stuff, lol

Sendin hella tons of love & care & support, & chin sckritches for solxy kitty
Last edited by Ashia on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering content included
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you there and reisha for writing on this thread

There -- I don't know about accomplishing anything much - apart from my son - who I hear so little and see even less

Reisha -- I like the berry flavour of fruit of forest Ensure, just a bit thick. Says I can heat it in winter, but I dislike it at room temperature - this from someone who usually prefers that to being cold from fridge! I did find a pea based protein powder designed to be sifted in with flour at a pharmacy, so perhaps you'll find something that helps you in more savoury dishes

Much caring to you both
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Have attacked my behind with fingernails once more. Am in tears because the bloody results of sh not only physically hurt but I know everything was practically healed on derriere. Not looking forward to nurse comments today

IBS is literally giving me the sh**s. Wishing I could be like Dr says - have one or two motions a day. Sometimes none, but that hasn't happened in months. Thankfully, neither have I been going over ten times in 24 hours. Fouling underwear is not pleasant at home, so embarrassing when out and about, truly distresses me

Had lovely messages from "Clark"; we spent yesterday at museum and watched a film in city - he goes home this evening

Actually, he might have unintentionally triggered me by his kind, gentle understanding - I was unaware on conscious level, but now I think could relate to my sh overnight

Grrr - how twisted is that???!!!
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
GrowingTree

Post by GrowingTree »

Oh no. I am so sorry. I can really relate to this. I also have/had IBS. I am reading Dr. John Sarno and his method has been easing it away. I haven't needed to take supplements in months. Although my issue is with constipation, I know someone in 3D with a similar issue as you and know how hard it can get. It must be infuriating and very distressful to go outside. I know that taking charcoal supplements is good for constipation and stomach pain. Maybe it has other benefits too? It used to be used very much and now is not as highly recommended but seems to be one of the best out there.

Sending so much care your way.
GrowingTree
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you very much for your caring message GrowingTree. Although I'd much prefer you didn't have a clue about IBS, really appreciate your sharing

Wishing you a wonderful day after a peaceful sleep
GrowingTree

Post by GrowingTree »

Thank you so much, Fleur. Well wishes for a wonderful day to you too!
GrowingTree
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
IBS no fun. I had it, too. I think it resolved after I had food allergy/sensitivity testing. Then knew which foods to avoid.

Yes, I think you've accomplished a lot. And will continue to think it. Besides your son, you're an amazingly kind person, and certainly well-spoken (written?)
Last edited by Ashia on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Hope you are doing ok.
Thinking of you.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Phew, finally my phone has permitted this supposedly insecure site to load

Thank you GrowingTree and there for your messages

I had a mini iron infusion yesterday. 200mg instead of usual gram. Dr says we'll trial this for a few months - small amount every few weeks to attempt to get body more evenly using iron. I thought this was planned for last year, but at last it is in place. The Dr saw me and said he'd arrange for anti nausea premed next time. The nurse was very cluey. As soon as she had canula in and flushed, there was an IV line of saline to keep vein open. The heat pack also helped, as did the patient remaining perfectly still, smile

Although such a low dose, I am exhausted today and had usual uncomfortable night. Being treated by oncology/cancer ward staff made a huge difference in caring, so I'm pleased it appears that future treatment will occur in the same area. Not that other nurses weren't caring, but perhaps type of people attracted to oncology are in a different mindset of patience (theirs) and individual idiosyncrasies. For example, nurse explained every step and when she had a break, introduced me to second nurse who assisted

Nurse said her IBS and reflux settled when she had treatment for " helicobacter pylori eradication " (spelling uncertainty) - something else to ask about on Monday when I see GP - apparently initial blood test results will show if it is a problem for me

Bit miffed at T. Sent her a text message requesting appointment, saying I have new GP plan for her this year. That was Monday. Now it is Thursday. Nil response

Haven't been able to connect with EMDR team at inpatient program. They leave message, as do I ... One day we'll work out what is involved. A given that my pdoc will need to refer, and I know it is four weeks. If if it starts soon, Soxy can remain with Foo but I'd like to have him back if I won't be in hospital for a while

Su is reduced. Always is in back of mind - as in, I could do A, B, C ... or Su. Nice that I'm not fighting it as I had been several months last year. Just wish I could kick the sh..........

Want to share some other stuff under trigger warning but cannot just now

Appreciate your reading
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
You spelled it correctly. H. pylori causes ulcers too. Most people have some of it.

Maybe the whole process of infusion is what's tiring, not just the amount? Glad treatments Will happen in Area known to have helpful staff.

Glad you've been able to reduce SU. Maybe SH can be reduced also.

Grr to T.

Hope that EMDR can be arranged soon.

Happy pocket ride anywhere you're going this weekend, even mundane places.
Last edited by Ashia on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.