Something Simple

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

wolfspirit

Re: Something Simple

Post by wolfspirit »

IMA,
Maybe you can do a podcast on where you are in your healing. I always find your posts to be deeply reflective and interesting.

<3
ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
IMA

Post by IMA »

Do you ever wonder if it's okay to share the full extent of your thoughts, without worrying how others react?

Sometimes It does and sometimes it doesn't.

All I ever hope for is just being able to have a honest reply no matter where I am.
IMA

Post by IMA »

Thank you for comments WS

I thought about it after you mentioned it and I'm still putting thought into it...lol
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

I often wonder how much of an interaction I want to have with another person. Usually, I don't want to at all. LOL
I hold back a lot, but not things that are really important to me.
I don't know if that makes sense at all.
I think you probably share what you're thinking since you have so many thoughts that are insightful.
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

hi, IMA,
just reading your thread and sending Caring support.

from there
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
IMA

Post by IMA »

Yeah that's true about me too WS

I do tend to hold back, especially when I am in debates or arguments. Because I feel like when I want to get my point across I make sure I get it from every angle, but I know things about the other person, I won't go ahead and share these opinions. I don't want to hurt a person depending on the situation. Like if it's for education and learning how to handle a person as myself.
IMA

Post by IMA »

There

Thank you for your caring support and taking the time to read my posts.
IMA

Post by IMA »

It's come to my attention of what being pure and what is purity.

For the longest time I thought I lost my purity after the first time I was molested at the age of eight. I always felt ashamed or that I didn't measure up as a person, when came to the neverending thoughts of what I could offer for my soulmate.

But growing up in the years taught me that I can chose how I treat my body and the soul ties I bind with my own. That I had erased the negatives, the hate, the stress of not being good enough. I feel like we as people can form new purities through thought, simple actions like smiling, a new mind set of what light and recrarnation is to you as a person, and being able let those fundamental principles rule your motives of self improvement and self forgiveness.

In a way I'm glad I lost that 'pure' part of me and and understand that everyone at some point will lose that part of themselves. Sure mine was early on in life, but that makes my new roots of true intimacy and affection much more better. I still feel the pain but that pain can be easily turned into sensitivity. Which then can be put in use of a great sense of mindfulness that will overall rule over my judgement of what caused the intense emotional in the first place.

I challenge others who can't get past whether it's important for someone should remain "pure" until marriage. It's not some that should be held so heavily, yet maybe as a way to show how committed you are to a relationship.

But for those of us like myself who never got the chance to wait it until we found that person in our lifes... I just feel like I can let go of the awful expectation of being something of "value". I can build pure intentions, share delightful memories, and have a greater appreciation of what it's like to love people...mind, body, and soul.

And these thoughts are just a small portion of how I truly feel, some days I might feel differently on how I worded these thoughts... but for today, right now I feel at peace with.
IMA

Post by IMA »

From a person outside looking on people talking... like just in general.

Don't like people who constantly interrupt others

Don't like people who can't control a group session where others feel suppressed

I like how others will speak up when they have had enough

I like how you have the option to walk away
Last edited by IMA on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
there

Post by there »

IMA,
Really like what you say about transforming the early pain, loss of 'purity' into a new meaning and code of living.

To me, it's not even the loss of so-called purity or innocence. It's how it affected my health, functioning, ability to choose relationships, people, earn money, achieve goals.

And I like very much that the pain can be turned into sensitivity. I never looked at it like that. Thank you.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.