Fleur's 2018 thoughts

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

reisha

Re: Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by reisha »

{{{{{{Fleur!!!!

Understand. Th 4 bein honest. Want to say more, support more & will terra. Am sad to read yer fault in self. ESP w foo as it is,mortality, etc.

Get sum good sleep

I loveya
Last edited by Ashia on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering content included
becomingbutterfly

Post by becomingbutterfly »

Fleur, hi old friend. Glad you can share here candidly, without having to edit yourself or lessen it. People can read it and listen and hear you. And as you accept that this is where you're at this moment, we can sit on the swing with you.
Big hugs to you and please give Soxy some belly rubs for me. (((((Fleur)))))
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you so very much Couragetoday, Reisha, becomingbutterfly, for your words of helpfulness

Becomingbutterfly - really lovely, special, to read your post. Shall pat Soxy for you, ta

I think there and maybe others over time say about relationship between anger and depression. In Dad' s case, if anger is outward expression of depression, he's been mentally unwell for decades

Does this let him off the hook? That he is not responsible for his words, actions?

Sister phoned. Part of conversation included her comment that nothing bad had better happen to her because there's no-one to replace her

I didn't say so, but if I were to take up care role, Dad would be in professional caring situation as I could not manage his nonsense. Sister says she occasionally yells back. Dad says some hurtful stuff when angry. We often left to guess why upset occurs

I'd leave Mum in her activities - be respite for us both

If our brother were in charge - both parents would be placed in care, then the family home sold, before he returned interstate. He is money hungry, so I wouldn't put it past him to hasten their demise

Hopefully, parents have stipulated in their Will what they prefer about selling property when still used as home for sister and one of her daughters

On a different topic - I still have not made contact with my son. Shall try phoning later

Really appreciate this space and those who read my ramblings

May we all enjoy a beautiful day
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Reading and sending support and caring...
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello there

Appreciate your posting here, especially when you are in a not so great space

Wishing you very well in every respect
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
I think of you every day.

with love and respect, there
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

I think of the accountability factor in a family scenario here also....as cognitive abilities decline, should I feel as hurt or upset when comments are made or is the person no longer accountable for their actions?!? Gets mighty confusing.

Sounds like you’ve contemplated various scenarios should your sister not be involved in parents care.
Does it bring some peace of mind, knowing how you’d handle it?
Hope also your parents legally made their wishes clear already.

I hope you have the opportunity to connect with your son.

Love and caring,

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you for saying you think of me there. Often wonder what you and Tula might be doing, once I get mental exercise from time difference sorted

Hello Couragetoday - the crazy thing since my sister's phone calls have been me dreaming nightmares of getting Dad to a care situation - it results in sh which wakens me, so I'm back to feeling scared to sleep. Really hate that I can be tugged into these behaviours so easily

Really grateful for having company here - imagination working overtime for distraction. We are all (if you so choose) in cyberspace for iSurvive gathering. Such antics - all pets and children welcome - in a space where only positives occur
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

I often don’t share many specifics but we are sharing some parallels with aging parents and some similar family dynamics.
Sharing this so you know you are not alone with these feelings, right down to having nightmares also.
Very sorry to hear it is resulting in SH for you.

Grateful for here also.

With caring,

Couragetoday
there

Post by there »

Fleur,

Wishing you and all parts, and unconscious parts peace and restful sleep.

Tula sitting on my lap, playing notes on piano for treats. She really does this.
Now Tula is trying to make friends with Soxy.