Fleur's 2018 thoughts

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Fleur

Re: Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by Fleur »

Lovely to read from you dancingfish. Thank you for your caring

Hello there. I get confused too - it's after 9pm Friday 21st here at present

GP says he won't prescribe the pain killers the hospital used, because they are addictive - at least potentially. He is going to check what could be most helpful without interacting with other meds

Podiatrist removed corn that continues to grow. He scrapes it off every ten weeks or so. It doesn't hurt but today when he used another tool it was a strange sensation of neither pain nor tickle. Made me twitch and jump.

Massage Lady refused to treat me because of infection. As witness the IV antibiotics administered at hospital and comments from GP today. Not that she might become ill ( as one person claimed long ago ) but the risk of spreading the disease throughout my body would result in my feeling even worse. She implied that my MH state was part of her consideration. GP expressed something similar when thinking about analgesia. We rescheduled appointment in ten days - both feet disappointed at delay but brain is ecstatic that health professionals are viewing Fleur as whole person, not a body attached to diagnosis

Keep drifting into sleep. Here's hoping for a really restful night's slumber

Goodnight
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
Hoping you are sleeping deeply as I type.
Sending gentle hugs

<3
ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

Very very happy, that you are happy about being viewed as a whole person. Sounds empowering.

Really hoping that a medication solution for pain can be found quickly, if this is what you desire.
I often regret not fighting harder for better pain control, when pain first started.
There is ample evidence now, that “new pain “managed well from the beginning, can circumvent it from becoming chronic.

Sending lots of caring to you, and gentle hugs.

Couragetoday
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hi {fleur!}

Pleased to read n www round of Drs are 'more holistic',altho bummer bout delay in massage care.
Sounds like yer Nina ok space, which makes me happy to think on ya.
Hope the super soxy kitty doin well - good sends a growly purrs, & sproink wants to know if soxy wants to play chace-bounce-tag w/ her.
Lol!auto correct keeps wanntin to change 'soxy ' to 'sexy' hehe.
{Soxy, the sexy kity!♡♡♡

Sendin much love & good vibes for continued good,holistic person care
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Am thinking that you must be eight hours earlier than I am, adjusting for GMT conversions.
Sounds like a math word problem! :lol:

Hoping your weekend brings you good things! :)
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you wolfspirit - I think I was asleep when you wrote, smile

Appreciate your message Couragetoday. The pain killer helped me function - and I think also assisted in returning me to adult after triggering. I do understand what GP said regarding addiction, neither do I want headaches to be worse. See him again on Thursday, by which time he hopefully will have come up with a compromise - a pain killer that works without drastic side effects or meds interactions. Wouldn't it be brilliant if we could discover a perfect solution like Drs did for an acquaintance - she uses a custom made herbal preparation which she claims eliminates pain, gives her daytime energy and restful night sleep. Admittedly, I would have difficulty financing non pharmaceutical stuff ... But ... WOWEE!!!!

Howdy Reisha ... Yeah, Soxy/sexy are close. I severed contact with one person who insisted cat be called the latter, thinking it funny. Being an aloof loner cat, I wonder if in reality Soxy would play with Sproink? Certainly fun to imagine them pouncing, chasing. At present, Soxy is snoozing after a busy time of meowing, play and breakfast - then repeat talking and checking out home (never know what might have happened overnight, smile)

Hello there - a math word quiz question indeed. I used to get confused about dates, times in geography, let alone when what happened in history. You have many strengths ... May you enjoy your pursuits today

Am feeling like my insides are about to fall out. Crazy I know, as is thinking my head cannot bear being held above pillow cos it might drop off. Being another grey cool day isn't conducive either

Got an "in breach" letter regarding external areas of unit. Yes, I know my responsibility. Am in process of getting quotes. Shall phone local community centre about borrowing garden equipment - do it tomorrow young lady!

Once again, as usual, awoken to throbbing head and feeling exhausted even before getting up

Wishing us all a high point or three this Sunday
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
reisha

Post by reisha »

Grr on the 'in breach' thing - I'd love to do sum gardening, help ya.

Here ya on the compound meds too - very costly!!
As to pain meds/addiction concerns - I kinda joke that I'm a 'long-term-low-dose-maintenance-junkie'. It is true that I have both a physical & physcholocal dependence on opiates - along the *spectrum of addiction* - which is as *should* be, given how long I been on em. I take them (more or less) as directed, do not abuse them, don't run out b4 I should, don't 'jones' for em, don't exhibit any behaviours of abuse, so I'm ok w/ bein dependant on em - like you, it's the diff tween bein functional or not.

Wunna the definitions-a addiction' is :'the continued use of a substance; or the continuation of behaviors despite the increased frequency & severity of negative consequences. I really like that definition; it makes the most sense, & seems most accurate.

I hope ya can discuss w/ yer Dr, & agree on med regimen that WORKS for ya goin forward.

Oh, sproink SOOOOwants a playmate, lol! -can we pretend soxy is game?(heh- poor soxy!)

Sendin SOFT GENTLE HUGS onna OCEAN BREEZE, & SUM garden gnomes & fairies to help w/ the outside.
Much love to ya
Last edited by Ashia on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

Waking up feeling so unwell is really hard.

Completely second what Reisha perfectly said about pain med addiction/dependence.

On my thread (where I am too chicken to reply at the moment) you said “Imagining sharing lazy week with you - some baking, lots of talking, laughter, sitting quietly in sunshine ... Gentle meanders in countryside”.
That sounds so so nice. We had 2tornados touch down here on Friday, (I’m ok) and it was 35C .
Today 10C, picture perfect fall day.
Managed a short walk, imaging you and Soxy joining dog and I. Leaves crunching underfoot, Smells, sights, breathing, laughter, friendship. Then come inside each with our own warm blanket to share with our pets and a mug of warm soothing beverage.
It’s nice to imagine.

Gentle caring hugs.

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Ta Reisha - hearing you re meds, health regime. A case of whatever works. Taking you up on gardening offer. Soxy IS playing with Sproink, until they both resume sleeping, smile

Thank you for sharing Couragetoday - tornadoes are scary yet majestic. Really great you are okay. That is a huge temperature drop in a few days. Scrunching some autumn leaves with you

Oh, I am sooo cross with myself. Been awake every couple of hours all night. If it wasn't pain of some type, or traffic (do emergency vehicles HAVE to use sirens overnight?!), it was tossing so much that bedding ended on floor ... Oh, and loud voices jolted me out of slumber, so much so that I was in automatic freeze before I became very annoyed. How dare people wander streets at 3am being so noisy?!

Don't know if I mentioned here about "Open2Study" free online courses? Have enrolled in one. Halfway through in material and time (total of four weeks). Great intro for potential students interested in pursuing degree - if these short course materials aren't their style, then I'd suggest that means don't waste money, time, talents on that area/course. For me, merely an interest or maybe hobby. I describe myself as a life long learner after all

Soft hugs heaped in corner for those who want one or more
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Grr to people, things making noise at night. I lived in a place (YWCA), which was near their auditorium. It was rented out several nights during week. Forget going to sleep before 11 pm. Brutal. At least nit had to stop by 11 pm. Sure hope you can get better sleep somehow. Does any doc or T know?

Open2Study sounds cool! What are you learning about? Yay, Fleur! Lifelong learning is great! Cheering you on :)
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.