Fleur's 2018 thoughts

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by Jonesy »

Hi everyone

After some tricksy detective work, I am relieved to be able to bring you some news of our Fleur.

She is still in hospital and hopes to be home on 11th, if well enough.
Her phone isn't working, she has no internet access but is very grateful to be in your thoughts.

I will update as I can.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Thanks so much for the update Jonesy!

Have been thinking of you a lot Fleur.
Really hope you are getting excellent care in hospital and will see improvements, and be feeling better.

Sending lots and lots of good healing thoughts.

Couragetoday
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Thank you Jonesy, that's very much appreciated. :)

Sending you well wishes and thoughts of caring Fleur, hoping you're doing alright.
there

Post by there »

Thank you , Jonesy, for your detective work. :)

Thinking of you often , Fleur, and looking ahead to when you'll be back here.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Noname

Post by Noname »

Thinking of you, Fluer, and hoping that you are doing ok. Sending lots of good vibes your way.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

Thinking of you lots.
Hope you and Soxy are ok.

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello everyone......

Thank you to each person for your messages I just read

Have been extremely tired. Although I bought a new phone whilst in respite, only today have I had time when phone shop open to activate by staff member

I guess the saga started a few weeks before I kept appt with GP. Dizzy. Nauseous. Feeling "off". Day I saw Dr (19 Nov) I fainted. Came to with Soxy (bless him) licking my ear. No idea how long I was "out". Wanted to use taxi to get to clinic. Normally I walk. Then discovered phone not working. Wonderful home help lady drove me, then packed PJs, fed Soxy

It was a fairly warm day but I felt icy. Dr accused me of not drinking enough. My thirst raged. If anything I over drank. At least 3 litres. Clinic nurse said I had a fever. Then we measured blood pressure which was great lying and ok sitting but dropped markedly standing

Ambulance called. Go to hospital. Perhaps two nights says GP

All night on trolley in emergency where I had a mild anaphylactic response to IV medicine. Mild because nurse promptly recognised and got all under control very fast

Lots of blood tests, x-rays, heaps of questions by health professionals from various disciplines. Trouble was I had several major symptoms which didn't fit any one diagnosis

The ward has an iPad for patient use. I think I used it twice. Then whenever I requested access, it was to be told there was a wait as a few wanted to use it. Then I was asleep or away for tests when the iPad was available. Such is life

Jonesy thought of a brilliant detective strategy for which I am grateful as I was concerned about not posting

After 11 days I was stable yet not fit enough to return to living solo. So respite was offered. Aged care facility. Nurse available 24/7. Stayed a fortnight. Very caring staff. Got on well with several residents. Christmas lunch and entertainment was a bonus

Soxy is staying with my parents, sister, my youngest niece, 3-4 (I'm unsure) cats plus a dog. He went to Vet to have claws trimmed, to which I agreed as they were very long. Whilst there, Vet gave Soxy a thorough check. Despite being on special vet supplied dental support food (supposed to clean teeth) over 12 months, back teeth have plaque/tartar. He has arthritis. Needs medication, special high protein low calorie food to help lose weight

Sister reported Soxy needed a lot of brushing to rid him of skin flakes, dirt, tease out matted fur. Apparently he'd wash face ears tail and front paws, but no further grooming. Since being on new regime, he washes himself thoroughly as well as plays with the other cats. Before, he was interested in new space but kept his distance from animals. The dog and Soxy continue to ignore each other

Not sure if sister really approves, but Soxy has gone from sleeping at foot of bed to snuggling with her. Sounds like what he does with me - as close as possible whilst remaining outside bedcovers

I have some tests next month. Might require more time in hospital. Vet asked to see Soxy a few weeks after she first met him to gauge progress. So I'm catless (new word?) for a while longer

Was truly chuffed to read all your posts

Wishing us all a peaceful weekend
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Fleur! So glad to see you here!

Hope you're feeling better and far more well after respite care, and Soxy is doing okay - and you with him at sister's for now. Thinking of you, take care dear Fleur. :)
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Fleur,

I’ve been absent from here for quite some time. Catching up and was sorry to hear you were in the hospital, but so glad to know you are back home.

Hoping things continue to improve. I know you are missing your Soxy. Take good care of yourself. iwt
there

Post by there »

Dang, post lost!

So great to get your update, Fleur. I hope that you continue to feel better. Glad your sister is taking care of Soxy for now.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.