There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

wolfspirit

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
Sitting with you while you work through those feelings of sadness and acknowledging that you have dealt with so much pain...
Life is full of so many experiences- wish the most painful would just rest and fade away.
Happy to hear that you were able to avoid the awkward and potentially stressful interaction with the "lecturer". Glad you set that boundary for future meetings.
Sounds like the voc rehab counselor is someone who is listening and understanding your plans without judgement or negativity. That's refreshing and so helpful. You deserve that support.
I hope this coming week brings you more happiness.

Sending hugs <3

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

Thanks, wolfspirit.

My sister answered my texts this weekend. She did her best to comfort me through hers. I think it helped.

Did energy medicine routine, mantra meditation, qigong before teaching today. These help mood and feeling ok immensely. I'm really hoping the effects asccumulate over thecweeks ahead.

It's possible that the combination of those did something else for me. I can't be sure, but I've noticed a change in one symptom of trauma. For a long time, I would get an isolated, shooting, vaginal pain out of nowhere. Might've happened once a month or more, for years. I always associated it with the SA in my childhood.

The other day, I had the same kind of shooting pain, but isn't changed it had changed. It wasn't as deep in my body. It was like an inch or two beneath my skin. And It wasn't as intense, didn't hurt as much. It followed the same direction, it just wasn't as deep or as strong. Immediately I thought this could be healing from my energy work-including meditation, qigong. Maybe qi (chi) is really moving, getting unblocked! III

Although it was her little friend,L, who got rude to me today in drama class, A was warm and mostly friendly. I wore a bracelet she made me last year.

A declared to her friend, "(me,her teacher) has been a friend of mine for 2 years!"

Have completed first four paragraphs in my final draft of a short story. Working title–– People Who Live in Stone Houses.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
good idea on wearing the bracelet! That really shows how much you care. Hoping you weren't as upset when her friend was rude, though.
Glad your sister was being helpful. I hope you felt better.
Your story sounds metaphorical, but that could just be my interpretation. Is it autobiographical at all?
I'm glad the exercises of self care are helping- and definitely a big plus that your ongoing pain has lessened. Unblocking is really healing.

I hope the rest of your week goes well. :)

<3
ws
Rumi
there

Post by there »

ws,
thanks for your thoughts.Doing my best to let go everyday interpersonal stupidity. See it for what it is and release. If I need to speak up to any of it, I hope I can summon the strength for a chosen battle.

Thanks for asking! Story is fictional. Worked on it a little more today. Getting to the climax, almost (lol)

Taking a bit of a break today.

Inspection coming in 2 weeks. AAArgh. Place is in need of cleaning, clearing, and organization. Still, it has been much worse in the past and I am committed to helping myself through without any major problems. .Please send me any words off support you can, anybody.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
I've found when there are these looming expectations that if I just break them into littler things I'm okay with it.
Like doing one room at a time. Or one cabinet. Or one sink, and so on.
Maybe that will help? You probably already do that...

I love stories.
I've written a few children's stories based on events in my life when I was growing up.
One is about playing hide-n-seek in my friend's three story house and finding a secret staircase where one of the stairs opened up into a little room underneath.
Turned out to be a house on the Underground Railroad. I looked it up in my adulthood because I thought about it all those years.
We lived in a state that was a part of the UR.

Will you be going on a trail or walking path this weekend? Or is it the Gypsy Kings concert?

sending hugs,

ws
Rumi
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

Maybe we can direct each other's traffic? I have such a mess - as I said to my sister I have been in muddles before, but never dirty like now

Your story sounds exciting to write

Much caring
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Not sure what you mean by 'direct each other's traffic'. Referring to cleaning the living space?

Got a quote from a cleaner for a deep clean. Not cheap. Less if I don't include fridge or oven. Considering.

Resting some today, cuz really need a break from thinking, doing, effort.

Hope to play some piano, moving through adult learner course at my own pace. :)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

You got it .. . I meant about cleaning, tidying. Yes, cleaners can be very helpful IF they are professional. I had someone do a very cheap job for a lot of money. Since then, I've gone by recommendations only

Resting is great contrast from your busy weeks

Really happy to know you continue piano learning. Ever had comments about your playing?

Caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
good idea on the cleaner- so worth the money if you can afford it.

Hoping the piano lifted some spirits and that you got some well-deserved rest.

Hugs to you and gentle pets to Tula <3

ws
Rumi
there

Post by there »

thanks, Fleur and ws,

got a quote from a cleaner with a lot of good reviews online. Sigh. Probably reasonable but $$$$$.

My sister says I'm 'so gifted' at piano. I don't practice enough to be highly skilled right now. Slow, steady progress, I hope.

Btw, I'm going to practice now and I'm going to place my laptop near keyboard keeping this page open. It might feel good.