There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

DewDrop

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by DewDrop »

I wholeheartedly believe in you, there. We are the key to our own healing. You hold wisdom and self knowledge that no T ever will. In my opinion, the best a T can do is properly support your own healing journey(in an informed manner), and reinforce self discovery/learning. Can be a very valuable role, but healing comes from within.

here with you, caring lots,

Dewdrop
there

Post by there »

🐺 spirit,
My younger brother and my just older than me brother hung out in the kitchen after school. Latchkey kids, we had to provide our own diversion s.
My brother, R, would make fart noises, which my younger brother, D, picked up. They would "fart play" Glory Hallelujah, with a resounding final note. I was the audience for those, but I did entertain my own friends with humor.

Dewdrop, Yes! Healing does come from within. I believe we are already whole. That can get covered up by abuse, socialization.

Thinking about using my own art for business card for doing yoga nidra.
Also, still need to find out about insurance for doing it, if I need. Yoga nidra involves no physical effort. Maybe I can offer it without having to get insurance.
Seeing voc rehab counselor on Tuesday.

There's a guy with whom I'm sort of friends. I think he's interested in me in a more romantic way. I'm intrigued but I have a history of going with some guy because he wants it,, not because I do. But C has always been sweet to me. He's a bus driver. I 'm concerned because I am somewhat intellectual that he just won't get that part of me and it won't be right for me.

There, got that stuff down here, so it's "real" now. :lol:
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
One never knows when another soul will connect or for what reason or for how long.
I say keep the intrigue rolling. 😁
Hilarious scene you created in my mind!
Made me remember that I got second place in a high school burping contest (first place kid cheated). Lol

Thanks for sharing 🙂

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello there

I haven't read all your thread but I was intrigued by wig out. Never heard that expression. If the online slang definitions are correct.... I have been triggered by various therapists over the years but could never quite say why... Without agreeing that the yoga instructor understands ptsd they perhaps have noticed certain behaviours demonstrated by people who have trauma in their history. MAYBE as an instructor or therapist you could suggest some alteration in technique when treating someone who has ptsd or similar?

Just a thought

May you and Tula enjoy this weekend

Much caring
Last edited by Serenity on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as merely mentioned triggering topic
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

🐺 spirit,
Yeah, burping contests---- my brother, R, burped "Rumplestiltskin Cinderella" in 1 burp.
What was your winning formula?
🌸Fleur,
It's good to see you here again!
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Root Beer! Totally made the air come from deep down.
The cheater made his burp go long by faking it with his voice. Whatever. It's not like I resent him for it. LOL
Your brother has better skills than me, though.

I like Fleur's idea about somehow including your expertise on PTSD when you are marketing your yoga nidra instruction. It could help someone out there who needs that loving care.

<3

ws
Rumi
DewDrop

Post by DewDrop »

Hi there,

I think it doubtful that insurance would be needed for offering yoga nidra, but certainly don’t take that as fact. I do like the idea of using your art for the card.

Soon I need to head down to your general vicinity, for reasons which bring mixed up feelings. It is helpful to know your energy will be near.

Wishing you persistently unobscured wholeness,

Dewdrop
there

Post by there »

Probs still mad at yoga nidra trainer and didn't want to let it out on anyone here.
Definitely feel motivation to use yoga nidraImage help other people with PTSD. Good call, Fleur, to put my strong feelings to good purpose. Didn't think that I have expertise on PTSD, but will be considering your ideas, Fleur and 🐺 spirit. Thanks!

Root beer! Thanks for making me lol :lol: I love your story.

Dewdrop and all,
My energy starts at 5 miles out from the big city. :D

Computer sent to Apple for repair. Owe library for missing Mad magazines. When paid, could use their computers for business card. As is, got as far as I can on tablet.

Breathing slowly after latest rude encounter on elevator. I need courage to get myself working so I can move out of @$#& public housing. Will only get on elevator alone from 1st floor now. Already complained to housing. They do nada.

Determined not to let @$$#0L&$ ruin my mood!
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
Sorry there was a jerk on the elevator. Do you carry any protection, like pepper spray? Just curious.
I was hiking alone last weekend in an isolated spot up on a mountain. Only one way in and out. The road climbed at least a mile up the hill.
When I came back from my hike to my car, there were three 20-something men standing near their jeep. Just them and me.
They could've easily assaulted me without anyone ever knowing.
Thankfully, they didn't.
It's time I start bringing some protection around with me, and maybe you too.

Hope you were able to let that rudeness slide off your mind and have a happier day.

:) ws
Rumi
there

Post by there »

ws,
I'm relieved to hear that you were ok and not assaulted after your hike.
Yeah, carrying protection in general is worth considering her.
On hellevator, I've been VA'd 3x over 2 weekends. One time was a male.
Not sure that pepper spray is useful in that case. Or maybe, I could just show the pepper spray and ask the asshole, "Do you carry any protection like this?"