There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Jitterbug

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by Jitterbug »

Lovely to read about your day, there. The face painting certainly sounded fun. Your creativity and spontaneity are gifts you share so freely. That truly is wonderful. And that you have energy and focus enough left over to do the important things for you... and you do them. 8-)

Your eating strategies sound helpful and I hope continue to enable better sleep. Sleep well tonight, I hope.

Your friend,

Jitterbug
there

Post by there »

Thanks, Fleur, Jitterbug, for your posts.

Fleur, Walking the one calmer dog sounds like a great plan! I'd love to hear how that goes. :)
Last week was the face painting. One student wanted face paints and brush. I use watercolor crayons/pencils. They wash right off with water. Did you use paints and brushes?
Yes, we need to be moving more in general. I take the stairs as much as I can, and bring Tula, too.

Jb, Yesterday I brought several hats, necklaces and the kids also used the library's box of fluffy puppets. For the main part, kids grouped and made up plays for the characters they developed with costume and puppets.
To emcee, my ram puppet told jokes, then a girl dinged the triangle. After the 1st act, a moose puppet tried to eat the ram. Ram escaped with life, but with a missing appendage, transformed into a unicorn. The 2 groups did really imaginative things, borrowing from fairy tales, adding twists, original ideas.

A vocational counselor called me back. I plan to call her today.
It's a gorgeous spring day. Trees are budding and flowering. The sun is warm while breeze is cool. Yesterday I took a photo of a cloud that looked exactly like the profile of a bird in flight.

Hope to do some yoga, PT, piano, and design for online store tonight through tomorrow. Please wish me luck, pray for me.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Wishing everything for you that you need, tho you are doing so well.

(((((((((((((((( there )))))))))))))))

JB x
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

Thank you for sharing about class - I had a chuckle how you described what happened. Children sometimes tell me they don't have any imagination. You are fostering and respecting their vision. A wonderful gift

Wishing you well with vocational counsellor - you might have different perspective after discussion, or more clarity around present activities; may it be positive experience

For face painting, I use paint, with tiny sponge, changed for each child. Your pencils and crayons would wash off easier than my paint

I have yet to approach J about taking dog for walks. She might even allow her 7yo son to come with us - if he wants

Clouds are amazing. I'm glad you photographed one looking like a flying bird. There was a layered cloud here last week that looked like tapered rings. Reminded me of a toy given to my then infant son

Stairs are good for exercise. Climbing but also stretching and joint movement

Sending thoughts for peace, harmony, all the best aspects you desire
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Jitterbugt,
thanks for that wish. I don't always feel I'm doing so well, but I will hold onto your words. :)

Fleur,
I have to walk Tula soon. Doing my best to walk her more now weather is warmer. Hope your dog walking comes together, maybe with the little boy, too.

Cloud you describe sounds amazing!

Behind in PT exercises but feel stairs are a bit of a substitute. have to keep muscles in upper legs and buttocks strong to support my knees. Have had knee pain recently. I think my messenger bag is too loaded, cuz knees hurt when carrying. Will try to do 1 PT exercise right after posting.

Rehab counselor----hmm.

Have T tomorrow. Really must diplomatically confront her. Also need to plan my topics for appt. I'm aiming for 3.
1.socializing, making friends
2.letting go or confronting--choosing battles
3.following through
There they are. Thanks for reading!
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

May you have everything work out beautifully for you and Tula

Caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
recover

Post by recover »

sending care and support to you there.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
catching up on your posts and thinking of you :)
hoping that therapy goes well for you
thank you for your friendship,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

Thanks so much, Fleur, recover, wolfspirit. Your friendship means a lot to me.

T went pretty well. Thunderstorms blew.n Got back to a freaked out Tula. Did my best to comfort her. Storms abated.

Just hitting a low point. Am aware of friendship w S being over except for telling her.

Have been considering certification in Yoga Nidra. Two possible routes. One is more immediate and costs less. It's 40-hrs, live, and certified w/ Yoga Alliance. Yoga Alliance is a very good qualification. The 40 hours are over 5 8-hour days stating vJujne June 9-13.

The other is longer term, online, $1800 to start before certification. This training is based on a book by the instructor, "Daring to Rest". She also stated in her intro Q & A that mentoring to get up and running with leading your classes is included.

Sigh.

Just have not wanted to move all evening. Feeling inadequate, sad,unmotivated, and like running away. Overeating, too.
there

Post by there »

Oh, and I feel lazy and guilty, too.

Sorry.