There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Fleur

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

Tula and Valerian? I hadn't known the herb was good for dogs. Thank you for sharing

I daresay the stormy weather might be for a few days, so hopefully there are breaks where you and Tula can be outside

Anxiety - related to something you are consciously aware, or something else? I sometimes reduce mine by listing everything that might or could happen. A T suggested writing some comedic scenario for lightening - she put "Fleur could be abducted by octopuses to tidy their homes" which for reason unknown I found hilarious at the time.

May you enjoy the games night at library. Sounds fun

Please do enjoy webinar - I'm sure you shall get some worthwhile tips my artistic friend

Caring hugs for you and soothing pats for Tula
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
yes, valerian is ok for dogs.

Storm was limited to a few hours yesterday. It had weakened a lot on its way.

I'm fine with lightning. Tula trembling for an hour kinda gets to me, even as I comfort her. Is passed now.

Wonder if I can find my Scrabble game? It's a traveling one. Would really like to play that!

Doodling class wasso cool. She showed us how to convey emotion with simple face drawings. I matched her, drawing mine the whole way for 2 hours, when class was to end. 2 hours straight is plenty. Was really inspired, also. Then I practiced a song on piano in my adult study book-La Bamba. Almost have it. Am enjoyig putting feeling and rhythm into it.

Webinar was still going til 10 when I came back to Computer. Can watch the rest on replay.

Tula needs her walk.

I have a meditation and qigong to do. They're helping me a lot.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Sounds a highly productive evening there

I've often thought how different animals (just like humans) have a range of response to storms. My mother hates them, yet I did not know that fact until I was in my 30s. At one stage we had 2 dogs and a cat. The cat usually took no notice of storms, but occasionally would watch from the safety of a chair. One dog hid, the other sat as close to me as possible

Tula trembling for an hour might imply something happened when she was a puppy? The dog who hid growled at anyone wearing trousers as she once had a man accidentally step on her lead, temporarily choking her. She'd tremble for a little while after barking, but I think for much less than an hour. Fortunately, she didn't often growl at Dad

Glad you can watch webinar again

Cheers
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Hi, Fleur,
Tula is a rescue. She was abandoned as a pup. She did have a nice foster mother after that, then me :)
Dogs, in general, don't like loud noises because of how how acute their hearing is. Tula trembles as long as the thunder lasts. Then she's ok again.

I like the stories of your cat and 2 dogs. I feel bad about the dog who was accidentally choked. :(

Didn't attend the board game night. Dug out my Scrabble game, though!

There are dance lessons night in October at library. Might sign up, make myself go. I love dancing.

Saw a new chiropractor. Much closer, just a short walk, rather than two buses each way or an uber ride. Have to to a clinic to get an X-ray for him.
He did an intake, then worked on me. Neck is getting better. Range of motion improving. Appt. tomorrow.

Progress in my life gets scary. Progress as self-responsibility for trying to make more $. Scariness. AAAYYIII!!!!
Ashia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ashia »

Hi there

It's wonderful to read of the changes you are making in your life. I understand how scary it can be but you deserve to be happy. I'm here, cheering you on.

With caring
Ashia
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

Tula has a great forever home with you. She had a rough start in life

Soxy jumped visibly last time we had a loud truck go by. Once he fell off a precarious perch - I notice he doesn't sit there as often now

I used to play scrabble taking on two groups of tiles on a physical board. These days I play on phone - downloaded a free offline game. After experimenting, I use its normal word function to avoid extremely obscure words

Signing up and attending dance classes next month sounds fun

Soft caring hugs/soothing pats for Tula
there

Post by there »

thanks, Ashia,
I appreciate the encouragement :)

Hi, Fleur,
Do you mean you played scrabble against yourself on a 3-D board? I'd really like to find an online Scrabble game. Can you make a suggestion?

Trying to upload a doodle from class to Facebook. It got stuck. Restarted computer. Really don't want to post with this huge Font it's making me use. Maybe my brother can help me. :x :roll:

Same jerk woman was a jerk to me again today. Doing my best to realize it's her shortcoming and doesn't have anything to do with me. And It's hard when they think it is about you. But it's not. It's her projecting. People are so much fun sometimes, aren't they?

Will try to keep mind on better things, not let her upset me. GRRRRR!! Dirtbag.

Got an x-ray of her neck today and dropped off CD of it at chiropractor's office. Appointment tomorrow. I hope it's nothing abnormal. Next does feel better though.

My brother's dog from childhood got hit by a car and had her leg broken. She was always careful near traffic after that.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

When I play scrabble, I much prefer to be cooperative and help one another make longest, most clever words - no scoring. So, playing two sides was extension of that but with only one brain between the players, smile

I use classic words. It was free last year to down load. There is a version for which payment is required. I liked the idea that I can play offline, thus conserving data allowance. Classic words has five (?) Settings from very easy (think Early primary school words) to professional where the most obscure, strangest, highest scoring words are played. On Normal, bit boring in that being sneaky is out, but the game uses longer words and it feels like a worthwhile opponent

I sincerely trust you are not subject of gossip. One thing for some person to be nasty towards us, another if they allege insinuations, spread rumours

Sometimes I think our pets exhibit more commonsense than do we humans

I recently restarted/rebooted my phone to restore font size ... Another time, somehow settings were changed which was discovered by tech assistant. May your computer return to normal operating system very soon

Caring hugs
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
Reading along and glad you are having a fun time doodling.
My neck and back feel much better after a chiro appt, too. Glad yours is so far.

We don't have storms here until Nov. Kinda jealous although my dogs and my niece-dog hate them, like Tula.

The wildfire smoke has finally lifted. We've had blue skies and clean air for a week now. Still in the 90s.
Hoping the fires stay away this season. So much of the land I like to hike and visit has been destroyed by the fires this year. :(
The coast is too far to drive to.

Here's to a nice weekend for you both!

<3
ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hi {{{THERE!}}}

gettin got up here - very cool bout new classes, social stuff. & always luv readin bout Tula - good on ya for knowin ways to calm her.

Sendin ya big supportive cheers, love & NO DRAMA w/ idjit 'people's, helin vibes for neck (yay 4 new close chiro!) & lotsa 'all good things'
Last edited by Ashia on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included