There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by there »

Fleur, int, and ws,
Thank you all for kind replies. It means so much to have you in my life.

iwt, thanks for reading and for support.

Fleur, I really like that story about the howling dog, impending weather, and your mother at the clothesline :)

ws, The short energy medicine move is called "the Celtic weave." YouTube has a vid of Donna Eden and her daughters, Titanya and Dondi, demo'ing. And what a quinkydink! They're doing it in Rockport, MA where there's a store named Wolf Spirit!

The energy medicine daily routine is what I've started doing each morning. On the 4th day today.

So much self-care to do today. Phone calls making appointments---hate sometimes. More cleaning, organizing. Yuck. Need a mini vacation soon. Daycay
Could help.

Have to journal about yoga Nidra training. Is my homework from T. Sigh again.

I Want to turn over face in pillow and escape the whole world.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
thx for the info- I'll look it up.
What is in this store called Wolf Spirit? Totally interested.

Sounds like you are busy. I'll turn over on my pillow and escape the world with you.
Just for a little while.

hugs,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

ws, really not sure what's Indy in V Wolf Spirit store. I walked by it one snowy day in February when I was away for couple of days. Like most of the stores there, because it's a Summer destination, it was closed. Probably sells stuff like candles, items related to wild animals, spirituality?

It's Saturday. Going to try to keep my mood up. Often seems like I'm on a precipice where a rumble could break it off and send me spinning into the abyss of depression. S phoned me yesterday and I didn't answer it. Great big sigh.

Had a chat with an interesting acquaintance who lives here on Thursday night. The weather has been so beautiful. Today day is chili, clouded, with the rain expected. It's not a problem. Just a weather report.

Need to try to keep my mind positive today. Or meditate to spend some time without thoughts.

Thankful I have little Tula at the moment.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
We're walking that same precipice, aren't we.
It's the reality we know because of how we are wired.
Staying positive is key, for sure.

I think you are particularly adept at seeing the subtle parts of life that bring humor.
For some reason, I imagine that you smile a great deal when the precipice isn't so close.

Something that sticks in my mind when I am not engulfed in a flashback or memory is the idea that focus follows where you send it.
I have to tell myself that so many times a day.
Maybe someday it will just happen.

It has been partly cloudy and in the 80s where I live. Rain would be wonderful, but it is the dry season. :(

We have an alligator lizard stuck in our house right now. He is about two feet long.
He just keeps circling our living room. I think he snuck in under the front screen door.

Maybe it will be content if I play some Johnny Cash. :)

sending hugs so that you know you're not alone in feeling low,

ws
Rumi
there

Post by there »

ws,
So good to see yr post!

Googled the shop.It's called Yes Wolf Spirit. Sells shamanic and spiritual workshops, reiki, power animal readings. website of same name at a Dotcom.

The easier, faster energy medicine move that helps protect your energy scaled 'the zip up'. You can google 'energy medicine zip up', and find a number of youtube links. I'm feeling some better tonight after I've done my Energy medicine routine. Really only takes 5 or so minutes.

Maybe we could hold hands walking the precipice?

Am I not getting the reference to Johnny Cash about the alligator lizard? AllI can think of is the song "Ventura Highway"----'alligator lizards in the air'. Love that song. It's like a joyful free feeling I had in my teens. Maybe I'll listen to it. Songs can really have evocative power that way.

Watched (binged on) Spanish soapy war drama- "Morocco: Love in Time of War" much of the rainy day. Stayed in apt. all day. I think S buzzed my intercom, but I didn't answer it.

Yeah, 2 women were really rude to me as I was getting on bus Friday. One I know. I was extremely helpful to the other woman at bus stop and told about the supermkt shuttled gave her some extra change for it. Then as we got on the shuttle, she pointed out that I'd left my wheelie at the bus the stop and thought it was really funny and laughed at me.Then the woman I know, P, who'd already been on bus, started laughing at me, too.

Really don't appreciate rude freaking women laughing at me. Other rude freaking women have just laughed at me for no reason. Need to let it go.

Putting my mind on nature, trees, cleansing rain.

Sending you respectful support...
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear there,

Those women were beyond rude. They were mean and cruel. There is nothing funny about someone losing their needed possession. I just don't understand unkindness. It is rampant in the world these days. So sorry you suffered the rath of their ugliness.

Kindness and love win not people who think they are oh so much better than others.

with care,
Harmony
there

Post by there »

Harmony,
It seems I wasn't clear enough about my wheelie. I got it before the shuttle left, because the woman told me it was there. She still thought nit was funny that I'd "forgotten" it. In reality, I'd focused on her needs, and getting Tula on the shuttle bus. So my own concerns weren't on mind as I boarded. It seemed to me they were laughing at 'the forgetful old woman', me. In any case, it wasn't funny. When I told him about it, my brother told me a quote from Leo Rosten about how the weak are cruel, and gentleness only comes from the strong.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

Sending positives from a very damp place

Really sad that people are disrespectful of others, especially after your kindness

I don't travel with Soxy, although I'd like to take him out on a harness - he is too plump for cat contraption and doesn't really like a collar although I think he's resigned to wearing one. I sometimes struggle with my wheeled walker on public transport, but so far only encountered rudeness once

May life hold more ups this week for you

Caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
You nailed it- JC is my go-to for camping and outdoors music.
So lizard = JC

I wish I was there with you when those ladies thought it was funny...would've had a nice taste of their own medicine.
It's also so irritating when we are overly helpful and it is thrown in our face afterward. :x
Glad you were able to let it go and move on.

Hoping your coming week goes well and without immature people.

hugs,

ws
Rumi
there

Post by there »

Fleur,

Thank you for your validation. People who aren't natives to this area sometimes say how cold and unfriendly people are. Sometimes people don't believe I'm from here because they see me as warm and kind. Certainly, the major city here has a reputation for the rudest drivers.

I noticed when I'd visit my Dad in Florida that men there seemed friendlier to me in general. Not applying anything sexual to that. Although, the relationship I had with a guy from there was awful . Then again, He was originally from NewJersey. I have had very bad experiences with 2 men from NJ. :roll:

Guess what I saw in an online ad for pet supplies!? A rabbit on a leash :D