There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by there »

Ct, Snowed today, so it's back to Winter. Is ok. Winter has its auster beauty. Rested a lot after today's 2 mile walk to shops and ocean.

Fleur, We started out stepping the rocks of the jetty, but the cold wind wasn't so inviting, so turned back. Most shops, gift and art shops were closed for season. Did buy a little print of a colorful panda bear in one shop. Artist signed it. He even had colorfully painted his eyeglasses' frames!

ws, Wow! HAD to take photo of one shop's sign: The Wolf Spirit. Blows me away!

Just finished my 12 min meditation. Ready for bed.

Night, pocket riders!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

Thank you for sharing. Panda sounds remarkable. You did well to walk 2 miles in snowy weather. Shop called Wolf Spirit - wow - wonder what they stock?

Trust you are gently in Dreamland at the moment

May you awaken to bright sunshine, despite the icy conditions

Much caring
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Hi, Fleur!

Back to apt. now, just did piano and a little voice practice, and feel clearer and uplifted.

Still have a slight cold. Did manage to get into pool at motel this morn. Did elementary backstroke arms and flutter kick with legs to protect knees. Felt glorious in pool. Considering a Y membership, can get discount.

Sun was warm this morning, air cool, walking back to station from motel.

Am learning to find ways to release thinking too much. Nobody can actually turn off thinking, but I find a space of not thinking, of just being. Sometimes it's with sensing body-skin touching chair or air, weight of body on feet, feet feeling firm ground, floor.

Nice lady on train chatted with me entire way back to city. Tula was a hit with conductor.

Have a tutorial on making Vision Boards to watch now, then bed ready.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

Lovely to read about your adventures

Tula is probably a "hit" with lots of people - they just don't say. Sounds a really nice train trip home

Vision Boards - are they the same as Communication Boards?

Sweet dreams my friend
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
I can't believe it! I wish I could've been there walking with you. What a laugh we'd have.
Sounds like you've had a delightful time and easy travel. That's wonderful.

It was fun riding in your pocket. :)

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

Fleur, not sure what a 'communication board' is. Maybe you could educate me!?

A vision board is a collection of images, cut out from magazines, drawings you make, downloaded images, that you assemble somehow on a piece of cardboard, paper, foam board, in a notebook, or even online. The images you choose represent your desires, dreams, goals for your life. Placed somewhere you can see the vb daily, it will affect your mind to assist you bring the dreams and goals to fruition.

wolfspirit, glad you were in my pocket! it was refreshing, a tiny bit lonesome, but overall great. Thanks!

I'm doing my best to keep my new awareness around me as I interact with people who have the potential to trigger me. Or really, my response to them is more fully a release, and I am much less triggered. I made a decision in the train back to remind myself that 'everything is energy'. People, events, this building that I have often loathed, just energy.

Daily meditation for 11 mins has been helping reset my nervous system, memory, may e even my neurotransmitters. I experience the change as having more o9f a place inside of peace, even that my body itself is peace. I have my reactions inside, being pissed, a judgment back at the person maybe, but others' stuff isn't nearly as powerful or lasting now. Hope this continues. Keeping up meditation , qigong, yoga helps with the ruminating so much.
Last edited by Ashia on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed NT to MT
reisha

Post by reisha »

hi {{THERE!!}}

readin along, not many words, but sendin continued care, support & admiration
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

Thank you for saying more about a vision board. Sounds a wonderful idea . I thought of sight when I saw the word vision

A communication board is used by and for people who have difficulty communicating in either sign language or verbally - usually has alphabet, numbers, pictures that are common for the individual's wants and colour patches are often included. Some children (I guess adults too, but haven't seen it) use a personal book with easy wipe pages

Sounds like your self care has made a huge difference. Brilliant!

Cheering you on from across the ocean
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
Wonderful self care. :)
Have you ever gone to a Soul Collage workshop? Much like a vision board idea.
Although, I wasn't able to access my intuitive messages during the workshop, probably because it was my first one.

So happy you're staying in the comfortable and happy energy right now.

hugs,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

There,

Following along. Not many words but wishing you well and hoping you can remain in your current space for some time. Seems like you are in a decent place (if I’m interpreting your words correctly).

Peace...iwt