reisha's 2018 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Fleur

Re: reisha's 2018 thread

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Sorry to have missed your birthday and new thread until now. May it be a wonderful 12 months (however calculated, smile)

Haven't time to catch up, but "I shall return"

Wishing you a lovely peaceful day (sending hugs for you and long strokes for kitty cats)
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
recover

Post by recover »

hi reisha,
here reading along with lots of caring.
did I miss your birthday? if so, hope it was a good one...
love,
recover xo
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Have properly caught up

Really sorry re pain on all levels - physical, emotional, financial, social ...

Yeah, $$ don't stretch as far as even 6 months ago. Then I got a letter saying premium is now 112/fortnight - that's an increase of over $20 in the last few years; contents insurance is up by almost $5/month, with an extra premium due to new address - so I asked for the cover to reduce and it's only half the original increase. Think , like you, I'll review health cover

Smiled as I read about house cleaning attempts resulting in more messiness. Similar for me. I emptied 2 boxes and a bag, ending up with 5 smaller bags earmarked for opportunity centre or some such ... Where to put them? In kitchen cos only clear floor space

After son goes back with his Dad (no talking him into staying here, although we discussed potential to use my space as a sleepover), I'm going to have to be proactive in finding low cost meals, reduced price food. Agree with you that we both pay less rent, but that only covers fortnight to fortnight. Am going to have also to work out ways of getting ahead, so - when those pesky medical bills are incurred, the "budget" won't hurt too much

Hoping you can find community support - great finds of TV and gift left on doorstep - to stretch funds

Caring hugs for yourself; purr strokes for cats
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

thinking of you, reisha.
good see your post on my thread.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

hello friends

i went & saw my s/w yesterday, cuz i need a '3rd party' thing for ss, to 'prove' im (still) disabled. turns out, she's leavin for a bigger, better gig closer to home. so it was a rather ... 'mixed emotions' meetin. i'll really miss her, but am happy for her too. she's turnin me over to an intern <gulp!> to see me thru the 'end' (ha!) of my ins stuff, & ... we also applied for in home support yesterday, so the intern'll deal w/ alla that.

but as we were talkin bout things, & i again reiterated how it dismays me that anger seems to be my main motivatin force, she said sumtin that really stunned me. she said that my anger *could* be seen, interpreted as an extreme form of self love!!! that my ability to self-advocate - altho yes, a form of justice, was a very deep, very strong form of self love. this is a novel idea, concept for me. we talked a bit about what it mite mean for me, as/if i thot about more/deeply. i CAN see it as such, even as its such an alien idea. i told her it made her leavin even more 'mixed', as i'd not have the pleasure of tellin her how it affects my future/dealings/self-thots, etc.
but its a huge thing, & im so grateful for that 'parting gift' from her. it really is a huge, novel, new, alien idea. yet one i desperately *need*.

theres probly more stuff to share, (esp stuff bout all the ... sexual misconduct/firings/etc) but i wanted to get this bit out, to share it, cuz i think/hope it mite help others here too

{{{ISURVIVE!!}}
Last edited by Ashia on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
recover

Post by recover »

hi reisha,
i understand what you are saying and it makes a lot of sense.
sorry that the s/w is going, she sounds compassionate and insightful. hopefully the intern will be as well.
here with support,
recover xo
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello Reisha

A wonderful parting gift indeed. Who knows, you might cross paths with s/w sometime in the future?

Wishing you very well in all respects

Caring soft hugs
there

Post by there »

reisha,
Absolutely, one's anger can be a kind of self-love! It's passion and compassion. Strong feeling for doing justice to oneself, to heal, or right wrongs when possible can be real motivation.
Thanks for sharing that. It does help to remember that the anger is reasonable and can be seen, even appreciated as positive, which it is as you experience it!
Sounds really good about applying for home support.
Hope the intern is good for you, too.
Yeah, all the reckonings feel bittersweet to me. Maybe in some way they can help those of us who won't get the same public or legal recognition.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

thanks, there, recover, fleur

its a TOTALY new/bizzarre/alien/strange/TRUE!/etc?!?!?!? concept. what oprah would term an 'aha' moment. mind blowing. im still reeling from the implications. wow. yet makes me question my thots/ideas..... uh, yeah - ya THINK!?!?!?!!
sigh
deep breath
yeah, so theres that....

mon was mnthly trip to pain dr to p/u script - 2 buses, & 4 blocks each way. asked bout this hip brace dr had ordered the month b4 . was told script had been faxed to vendor ( i guess it is - more uva kinda drs office than a med supply co - ive been there to get shoe orthodics. i hadna realized it was this .... serious. or heavy duty.

combined w/ 'askin for help' i/r/t home support.... <sigh>
(& breathe)...

another ex-co-worker has fallen. died. another one bites the dust....
there'll be a celebration @ a major locl venue later this month. i hope i can go

im worried bout plunk. ( as always, w/ geriatric pets) - told t yesterday that for the past wk or so, he's been 'puss ON boots'! i have a GEORGOUS pair-a RenFaire boots - my design, but mare by pros. knee high, tan buffalo & rust elk w/ NINE elkhorn buttons up the side. i'd dreamed them for YRS, swearin that when i got my (small) inheiritence, i'd have em made. they're my 'badass boots'. i was amazed at how much ankle support they provided, & i soon found ample opportunity to wear them. for <gasp!> goin on THIRTY FOUR yrs, ive worn them to work, to shows, they became my hiking boots (john muir trail 3x/s, & about 700 miles of the appilachian, plus Sproutnoze HOW many thousands of miles on westrn trails.
plunck has taken to sleepin on em. OBSESSIVELY, anxiously. when i move him, he's 'squire;;y' to get back.(breathe) i took pix, & showed t yesterday. i hadna yet heard bout friend. i got home, & plunk was all snuggly, & he's been snuggly all day today. he still get up/around for 'kitty biz' of several sorts.

all durin t, i was cryin - kinda weepin, & not sure why
im still all weepy today
we talked bout scary times we live in; & alot bout (as always, grr!) loss, & grief. i just lost s/w, t retires in april, im changin ins/providers AGAIN, dammit, hopefully for the last time for a lonmg time, HARUMPH!!!

so, yeah - ab-so-lute-ly no friggin idea why im sad/scared/etc, BLEGH, HUMBUG!!!!

sorry
reisha

Post by reisha »

oh! but i DID ... do a lil cleanin today (yea, go me!!) - all afeared bout assessments, & (still!) *NEED* to get disposal fixed, & bookcase built....
Last edited by Ashia on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT