Abusive Words w/ Physical Abuse

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

juliewr

Abusive Words w/ Physical Abuse

Post by juliewr »

I think that one thing I never really thought about until recently was the damage that certain phrases and words my parents used when spanking me did lasting damage. I still struggle with some of them today. I have a hard time thinking of my body as belonging to me. For example, my parents always said "everything your underwear covers belongs to us until you get married" and I had to remove clothes on demand and bend in humiliating positions on demand for them my whole life. I was told things like "I am going to turn your butt purple and it is all your fault." and always, always, always "you deserve more but I will stop now" even if they had just beat my butt hundreds of times with the paddle and belt to the point where I was bruised all over. This was so demeaning and lowered my self-esteem so deeply.

To this day I struggle with self-esteem and I think a lot of it stems from that.
1000miles

Re: Abusive Words w/ Physical Abuse

Post by 1000miles »

Hi juliewr,

Congratulations on realizing the damaging effects of these words. I think that's the first step to dealing with and healing the damage done. The things your parents said and did were so very, very wrong. Beyond wrong. May you find healing, and learn to see yourself as the good person you really are. Their words were lies.

1000miles.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi juliewr

Please look for an email from me
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
quixote

Post by quixote »

juliewr,
What they did and said was absolutely wrong. It was just cruel.
quixote