Message for Earthhorse

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

jimscarlet

Message for Earthhorse

Post by jimscarlet »

Hi E.H.,
Boy,do I have a surprise for you!
Do some research on Adult-Giftedness,and I think you may be shocked!
(Pleasantly). Try adultgiftedness.com,let me know how you get on.
Warmest Wishes,
jimscarlet :)
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
earthhorse

Re: Message for Earthhorse

Post by earthhorse »

Dearest Jim Scarlet,

How lovely it is to see you name here :D I hope you are well, that the world is your friend today and that everything goes your way.

Thanks so much for the tip! Thanks so much for reaching out to me. It means a lot.

You're right! :o I am pretty amazed!

I believe and I can see that we are all precious and profoundly gifted, for each person the range of talents are different. Whats most important is whether or not we have the support and stimulus in our environment and development that allows us to realize ourselves. Yet I identify with the traits described on every point. Also the over-excitability :-P I have a good friend right now who has similar potentials and problems. Its actually wonderful hanging out with someone who can think so far out of the box and make all kinds of connections between things that may at first appear unrelated. We help each other feel less lonely. And can follow each others thought processes without having to restrain the rhythm. We also support a lot of other people by giving each other the courage to act and express ourselves, it doesn't take us long to pull something off or decide on what to do, we just go for it. For instance our next plan is a 'Failure festival' at our faculty. ;-) I know this is a bit crude but our poster is : "I want to f*ck up(with an up symbol) more". (It's C's idea) We need it because often perfectionism is more of a hinder than a help for us. C an d I are often praised highly for our work and come up with innovative ideas that inspire others but also have problems with not been able to meet the norms and guidelines, because of a love of incorporating complexity and process, this can also mean despite doing things of great value that we dance closely with failure. We also need it because there is a lot of myth and blatant lies in 'efficiency culture'. Failure, learning from failure and failing gracefully are so important to innovation and success in all aspects of life and especially in our kind of profession. A lot of people suffer under enormous stressors to succeed straightaway in our field. The cost is too much. We need/hope to change the culture. Your tip on adultgifetedness will make an awesome contribution to our festival :)

Its really nice timing that you should share this. I struggle a lot because of the verbal and emotional abuse related to being allowed to succeed or being seen as good, talented or worthwhile. Thanks for adding such wonderful support to my tool box.

Much warmth and love coming your way,

EH
"One kind word can warm three winter months"
jimscarlet

Re: Message for Earthhorse

Post by jimscarlet »

Hello Lovely,
So glad info was of use. You know,your mention of 'nice timing' is not surprising,
becausssseee,I had one of those feelings (woooooo!) that I was SUPPOSED to tell you!
I'm also very much into Art and creativity,and think this lends us an intuition not held by
everyone. Here is title of book that made everything make sense re giftedness, it is by
a lovely lady called Mary Elaine Jacobsen, and title is: "The Gifted Adult"--I'm on my 5th.
read of it! As you will immediately understand,so it can 'fight' the past for me. I promise you
it will give you new weapons to fight the past AND present with,which is always a battle for us.
Here is small quote I came across: " Everything depends on me."
GodForce Be With You,
jimscarlet :)
Last edited by PeacefulNinja on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT