Fleur's 2019 Thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: quixote, Harmony, ajei

Fleur

Re: Fleur's 2019 Thread

Post by Fleur » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Leaving as might trigger....

Oh I am soooo much in need of sleep

Was so comfy, then ....

Heard gate softly open. Imagination I thought. Go to dreamland

A tiny cough, a whispered word "here"? Or maybe "hear"? Now I'm fully awake, tense, listening

A few bumps on the roof, a gentle banging at windows, front door rattles

Now I'm in terror. Call Police. Whisper details

Only saw shadows. In bed. Thank you for dispatching help

Listening ... Damn ... Still around. Breathe, remember to breathe

Oh, there's the gate. Big sigh. They're gone

About ten minutes later police arrive

I should have turned on lights then called Police. Tell prowlers someone's home. Oh

Then they'll leave, after all the windows and doors would need to make loud noise to enter. Oh

But thinks me I couldn't move

Goodnight Officer

Shaking. Go back to bed

Who hurt me? Blood everywhere. Well on PJs, sheets

Heart's racing. I'm safe dammit safe I tell you. No ... Not safe ... Never safe ...

Big sighs ... Memories are just there, not far from surface. Somebody help me please ... No-one. SMS to lady who lives out of town. Replied do I want her to visit? No but lovely offer

That was midnight literally, 4 hours ago. Feels like moments passed since I said goodnight to Police Officer

Another night of very little slumber

Thank you so very much for listening
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur

there

Post by there » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:39 pm

((((gentle hugs around Fleur)))))
'Paris is always a good idea.' --Audrey Hepburn

Ashia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ashia » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi Fleur

Thinking of you and sending many warm thoughts your way. Please do be gentle with yourself if you can.

With caring
Ashia

Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:24 pm

So sorry this happened Fleur.
It sounds like you are doing helpful things to try and ground, feel calmer, but that it’s still overwhelming.
Sending caring and love and thinking of you.

Couragetoday

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:04 am

Thank you Ashia, Couragetoday, there, for your hugs and supportive messages

Really tired

Pleased ladies lunch cancelled. Wasn't up to being cheery

Very hot, humid , windy and tropical downpour - hoping it is fine when I need later bus. Also praying rain falls in dribs and drabs to avoid flooding

Nearby town had more than usual summer rainfall in a few hours. Thankfully, shire had just completed major drainage works - no-one got inundated, just very wet all around

Local park briefly had water up to child's ankles

Sigh, better start day (lunchtime!!)

Wishing you all very well
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur

there

Post by there » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 am

Fleur,
tropical dowpour! (longing for) Glad though though that major flooding was avoided and in shire nearby.
Snow here tomorrow, followed by sleet and freezing rain. We've really had very little snow fall this year so far.

Sometimes feeling cheery just isn't, and sounds like you got A break from the luncheon.

Sending you a cool breeze.

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 am

Thank you there for your understanding

By the time I alighted bus, it has cooled and only sprinkling rain. After the Share Kitchen, it was blue sky with chilly breeze - thanks for that thought

Could see low places where water had but but most has drained or evaporated. Great, because more heavy rain forecast . Just wish it would help get fires under control

Dinner was mixed vegetable patties with chickpeas and peanuts plus sweet potato chips, carrot, silverbeet and I think cabbage cooked with capsicum, followed by chocolate dessert. No complaints, a few compliments

One African family told group last weekend that they eat the smaller pumpkin leaves prepared as spinach or silverbeet or in a casserole or soup. Full of minerals such as magnesium, zinc, iron. Apparently we ate some last potluck lunch with tomatoes, onion and other items. I can barely recall, so must have tasted fine, smile. Mentioning because we gave clientele the offer of some free stock from several cardboard boxes of fruit vegetables and yoghurt , including bunches of mixed leaves

As Share Kitchen leader said - be great if we knew for how many people we were preparing. She caters for 50ish. Close to 40 people were served tonight. We had a look at records - once, 110; some times fewer than 20, but mostly 30-60

Am yawning so hard my jaw cracks

Hoping for dreamland very soon

Much caring

there

Post by there » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Fleur,
You mean I summoned that chilly breeze :lol:
Interesting about the menu, nutrition, prep involved in share kitchen!

I yawn hugely during my mantra meditation. From Chi gong teacher, I learned that yawning is a way for body to detox. So are tears, burping, sighing!

Hope you had a nice visit to dreamland.

(((((hug)))))

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 am

Hello there

I was told yawning can be sign body needs more oxygen - perhaps that's how the detox works?

Not sure about your summoning wind but you did wish it, and I appreciate your thinking pleasant things for me

Not much sleep

Tired of feeling so tired

Had help today to determine govt funding use and access. To be allocated supervisor next week to support my choices. She then tells Govt what I have decided. Seems very convoluted compared with how money was spent with previous system

Sigh .. . It is what it is

May all be well with you and Tula today

there

Post by there » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 am

Fleur,
I'm sure you're right about yawning and oxygen. Heard that, too.

I know that when I yawn so widely and profusely during mantra meditation or chicken, tears flow freely from the corners of my eyes, though not with emotion. Did you awning and the tears feel like release.

Every time I say the word 'yawn' right now, I immediately yawn! :lol:

I hope you get some rest soon from being so tired. Sometimes a change of scenery helps me. Maybe some relaxing Music?

Feeling a bit odd since finding out about social Security disability possibilities. I want to make the best of things.

edited 1x by there-clarity
Last edited by there on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.