There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: quixote, Ashia, ajei

there

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by there » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:22 pm

And today I lost , not misplaced, because it's not in here, a library book I had just picked up.

A book on self-compassion will cost me $52 to replace.
Last edited by Ashia on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering content included
"Love yourself, for no one can be closer or spend more time with you...Remain aware, for you are now new." Corita Kent, artist

"I used to be abused. Now I'm just amused."

Ashia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ashia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 am

Hi there

I hear how hard things are at the moment and I'm so sorry. I just want you to know that I'm here, listening.

With caring
Ashia

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Hello there

Really sad and sorry about library book. I am hoping it will be like one I lost on bus which was handed in to library branch in another town, so I didn't need to pay for replacement

May the universe smile upon you once again very soon

Caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur

wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:17 pm

there,
Sorry I haven't checked in lately...I still think about you and what you're doing each day.
Read back through and can see it has been a challenging week.
Sitting and offering a hand to hold if you want <3
Sending gentle hugs and calming energy ~~~

You matter to us and I'm grateful that you offer your caring wisdom on so many levels.

Hoping this weekend will bring relief and some joy,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi

there

Post by there » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:17 pm

thank you, wolfspirit, Fleur, Ashia.

Well, a bright spot: Thought maybe I'd left book at bench by the river where I take Tula. Immediately brought her back. In the darkness, there on the bench sat the white plastic bag with book. So this is 1 reason I'm glad I do my mantra meditation every day. Brain and memory function.

Thankful for me, just as I am.
"Love yourself, for no one can be closer or spend more time with you...Remain aware, for you are now new." Corita Kent, artist

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Fantastic news indeed there. Thank you for sharing

May today have bright spots too
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur

Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Wow. Great you found the book there.
Happy for you.
Is it a Kristen Neff or Christopher Germer book?

there

Post by there » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Fleur and Ct,
:) Happy to see your posts this evening.

There have already been more bright spots. Mail person brought pkg containing my new, lightweight, omni heat jacket right to my door and knocked.
Jacket is just above knee, has special lining that reflects your body heat back to keep you warm. You don't wear thick layers underneath, so your body heat can best be reflected.

Very windy today, and jacket has made a big difference in comfort level already. Now I can wash and donate my heavyish winter jacket. A lightweight one makes it much less tedious to walk Tula in winter.

Went back to a store to complain to mgr about very rude cashier from Thursday. He was very supportive, saying that the cashier's been moody with others, too. That it's not what they're in business for. Feel better for speaking up, not just eating it, a chosen battle won.

Tula got a very nice romp by the river before it got dark at, crikey, 4:30.

Ct, you got it! It's the book by Dr. Germer, though I'm interested in the workbook by them both, too. Any comments on either book?

Range of feelings when I am not busy- scared, want to escape, wanting to give up, feeling like 'I lose".

Thank you for reading.

Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:08 am

Hi there,

Have a similar sounding jacket and mittens and like it also for reasons you mentioned.
Hope yours works out.

Like most books I did not finish Christopher Germer’s, but what I read I really really liked.
He has or had all the practice meditations online for free which was a nice bonus.
I recall he mentions a bit about why it can be hard for trauma survivors to meditate and I found that small bit particularly helpful. He talks about how childhood trauma survivors in general tend to push through painful stuff bc they feel they should even if it feels bad. He encourages us to back off or slow down the practice reminding us that that is a form of self compassion also.

Really understand the surge in undesirable feelings when not busy....

Take care

CT

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Hello there

Doing a little skipping happy dance to celebrate receiving new lightweight coat. Sounds great

Dark at 4:30?! Wowee. Not yet Solstice. How early will sunset be expected to arrive for you in winter?

Lovely that you and Tula have fun

Perhaps that cashier will need reminding of their customer relationship dealings - or be replaced - as businesses cannot afford less than polite staff

Well done for speaking up

You do much to refute the not so great thoughts, yet they slip in - same here - may you discover what best suits you in minimising impact

Here's to a good start for your work week

Caring hugs