reisha's 2018 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: quixote, ajei, Ashia

there

Re: reisha's 2018 thread

Post by there » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:51 pm

reisha,
Great news about your birthday call, FB friends, and pub celebration!
TV score! Yay! You're crafty getting it working! Lil tv sounds fun, too.
Hope you get the Medicare question (s) answered to make your decision.
reisha's hot buttered rum! Yum!
"I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says 'turn back'. Erica Jong

Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi Reisha

So awesome about the tv. What a find.
Glad you could do something special for your bday.
Sending lots of caring.

CT

there

Post by there » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 pm

reisha,
Just checking in. Wondering how you are :)
Last edited by Ashia on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
"I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says 'turn back'. Erica Jong

reisha

Post by reisha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 pm

thanks, ladies!

last wed, saw a lil teeny tiny ad in the wkly 'underground' rag for a 'Grateful Day' fest. the font for the *info* part-a things was way more even teeny-tiny-er. i hadda use my magna glass, & even then was hard to suss out, but i did! know the folx who're puttin it on. called the lady here at my apts that i think i mite like & invited her. ( i'll call her '4th fl' for now, as i have stuff to share bout her, but maybe not in this post) - it took several calls, over several days for her to decide to pass. (she has asthma, & the smoke from the fires, &, &...) ok, no prob, & off i was gonna go, All By My Own (Lonesum?) Self. i think - still several days away. sat opens bright & sunny, hardly any sign-a smoke at all. i slowly Get My S*** Together, get vertical, pack a lite bag of toys, mags, munchies & bubbles & - dressed in 'show clothes' - one step (or more) down from 'full costume'. but leavin NO DOUBT ( dislike that band, hehe!) that im a full blown tye-died-in-the-wool...wooly-NOT-dreadlocked-Old-School-Hippie.
get there around 2 (it started @ noon, & went til 6 - PERFECT 'day show' for folx on pub transit!). i see an empty stage, & a 'kid zone' area, a few folx wandering aimlessly (is there any other way to wander?), vendors still settin up & i chuckle - yup, we're runnin on california hippie time! i make my 1st strolll up the 8? 12? blocked off blocks, not really checkin too many vendors, cuz 1) im broke, & 2) they're in 'set up' mode, but i check out a coupla-a em - a lady on esty who make 'vegan ears & tails' - the CUTEST animal ears, tails. she hadda box marked 'free roadkill' fulla scraps - EXPENSIVE fake fur, etc. & yes, i gotta bag - & we chatted bout festis for bout 1/2 hr; she then asked if id watch her booth while she peed. all day, it was that level of .... trust, that level of openess. i left her booth & continued my meander up the street. get to the other stage, where a ...... okish dead cover band was gettin started. - they dinna play that well, but KILLER vocals!! i pulled up a bit of shady curb, listened & 'curb danced' & sang along to their set. then set off back the way i'd come. many-a the vendors were known to me, if not friends; i was quoted great prices that i couldna afford. did get a 'fairy vase' for $2, & 3 pieces of 'grape agate/mother quartz' for a buck each. got back to the main stage, which now hadda bad (as in, 'not very good') brass band playing. there were stilt walkers & bubble makers, & this 'young' (to me) group w/ a massage chair. i hung out by them, asked if they were givin massages. yes they were! have a seat! so, they 'adopted' me for the rest-a the aft'noon. the brass band went away (thank GAWD!) & the headliner came on. i not only chair danced, i actually got up & gently boogied a lil bit too! we exhanged e-addys & phone #'s (nuthin ever comes of this, lol - & w/ a 'tude like <--that, am i s'prized?) & then, after sayin my g'byes to them, ran into sum goddess friends. still got home by 8:30. it was so low key, laid back, friendly, trusting, .... it was a ~PERFECT~ day. (if only EVERY day could be xmas....!)

but sun & today, im back to pukin after eatin. sumtins wrong (duh!) & i slept thru my 8:30am (ouch!) GI appt a wk ago - need to re-sched that
once i get done comparin/callin/takin notes on which medicare plan i want for next yr, & switch for the remainder of this yr...... <sigh!> think there's like 6 plans i can choose from, includin }kaiser{.
wish me luck

{{{ISURVIVE!!}}