Integration

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Buckaroo Banzai

Integration

Post by Buckaroo Banzai »

Finally integrated the last of my alters just last month and I am excited!

So, technically, I no longer have DID. I have a long way to go, in terms of depression due to abuse, but 'losing' the DID diagnosis is a BIG deal.

BB
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Integration

Post by Harmony »

Wow BB,

That represents a lot of work. Now welcome to the just plain old vanilla survivors club. Not much different I guess? I don't know what it is like to be integrated but you can share your experiences here. There is still lots of growing and healing in life for you just as you are today.

So glad to meet you,

Harmony
Buckaroo Banzai

Post by Buckaroo Banzai »

Thanks, Harmony!

Yes, it was a lot of hard work.

Yeah, now I am just a messed-over singleton, LOL.

Actually, it should be much easier to heal fully, now that I'm integrated. I'm doing EMDR to try to nail the old memories that hurt so much.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
Banana

Post by Banana »

Wow BB that is awesome!

I can't imagine being integrated. I'm really just at the beginning of my journey to healing and still learning about dissociation and my parts. It can be really confusing! What is clear is that it takes a huge amount of work, so I hope you are really proud of yourself. I think you have done amazingly well.

Banana :)
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia