Becoming a Kid

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

becomingbutterfly

Becoming a Kid

Post by becomingbutterfly »

Well, this summer has been superbly amazingly awesome! Some of the big highlights were going to my first pro baseball game, rafting down the river, going to a water park, watching a dolphin circus, acting as a wonderful character role in a play, and bungee jumping from 130 feet up! Wahoo!

I've also done a lot of crazy wacky fun things like ordering water from McDonalds, pushing all the buttons in the electronics store, sitting on all of the mattresses in the mattress store, squishing all the furniture in the furniture store, and crawling through a little kid playground after hours!

And I've also been pulling funny pranks like putting vanilla pudding in a sour cream container and eating it, putting blue Gatorade in a spray bottle and drinking it, drawing faces on all the eggs in the house, wearing a sign that says life and handing out lemons, hugging all the stuffed animals in the toy store and telling the store workers that their toy trucks are cool. :D

I've had some adventures that I never would have considered before. My best friends and I still have a list of amazingly cool things to finish up before I leave. And to top it all off, I got called by a radio station offering me a summer job as an office assistant! It's the best work environment I've ever seen, and all the people are so beautiful and loving and wonderful.

21 days til school! Oh and I emailed my roommate and we are really similar! We shall be friends fo sho!

So, if you haven't had an adventure this summer, go have one! Do something silly! I'm telling you, it's totally worth it. Oh and P.S. Deep fried cookie dough and deep fried oreos are amazinggggg. :D
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Becoming a Kid

Post by Harmony »

There is truth in the saying "it is never to late to have a happy childhood".

have fun

cut loose

enjoy every moment,

Harmony
HealingHearts

Post by HealingHearts »

BecomingButterfly
So very happy for you
sounds like an amazing summer
can't believe only 21 days til college
You go girl!!!
HH
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
Together we are stronger...
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

Oh my gosh, you had me rolling! That's awesome! Live it up!
FrumSurvivor
eff

Post by eff »

Letting the kids out is fun for sure :D

eff
(Member since July 2010, 692 previous posts)
becomingbutterfly

Post by becomingbutterfly »

Just wanted to drop a couple happy notes here.

My brothers both start school this week. I'm so proud of them and happy for them. The older one got into advanced classes and is trying out for as many sports as he can to see if he can get on a team. The younger one is making friends left and right and has the most amazing, supportive, fun teachers.

A couple weeks ago, I finished EMDR, so I'm done with therapy! My T said I was set to go! :D

And. Today is the day. I can't sleep from excitement. My bags are packed, my feet are itching, my heart is flying, and soon I will be 2000 miles away at my dream school. I'll miss my siblings and friends, but I will be with people who share my ideals. Today, I fly to make new friends, find new wings, seek new horizons.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
River

Post by River »

BecomingButterfly, I am so excited for you. Sounds like you have had an amazing summer, and an opportunity to have the childhood you should have had. How cool is that!!!!!!!!

All the best in following your dreams. May it surpass your wildest imagination. Above and beyond what you could ever hope for or ask. Soar as high as you can and continue to fly your way into freedom! You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing! Gave me hope today.

River
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Becomingbutterfly,

Absolutely thrilled to the moon for you and your adventures!!! Keep us posted.

Lydia
Vulnerability is the most accurate measure of courage.-Brene Brown
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear Becomingbutterfly,

You are flying!!!! Look at you go. Remember if there are any hard places isurvive will be there wherever, whenever you need. So pleased you chose to share this part of the journey here.

Congrats!
Harmony
ajei

Post by ajei »

Becomingbutterfly,

is your time to shine...wishing you all the best.

ajei