Cool News

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

FrumSurvivor

Cool News

Post by FrumSurvivor »

I did something really awesome on the way home from my t today. I drew a horrible picture of the horrible person responsible for all the horribleness in my life, tore him up into tiny shreds, and sealed them in an envelope. On my way home I waited for the subway to come, and when I saw it approaching, I let the envelope fall onto the tracks. The train came... and ran over that scoundrel!! It felt awesome.
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
becomingbutterfly

Re: Cool News

Post by becomingbutterfly »

That is AWESOME, FrumSurvivor! I'm just jealous I don't have a subway so I could do the same thing! You're getting there, girl, step by step. Keep moving forward. We're here cheering you on.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

That is cool frum survivor!

Way to celebrate and let go all at once. Sometimes these sorts of private actions are the most meaningful ways of moving on and acknowledging that growth.

This Positive Transitions section of isurvive is my absolute favorite. It proves to all of us that change is possible. This section is proof that things may not be perfect to be better. Also they don't always have to stay exactly the way they have always been.

I saw a cool quote tonight: New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.

Wishing you warm and pleasant new beginnings,
Harmony
w1shin0nstars

Post by w1shin0nstars »

what a FABULOUS idea. I may have to copy you on this one. Congratulations on reaching such a milestone :)
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

BB, Harmony, and w1shin0nstars - thanks! It was for sure one of the most awesome 'little' things I've done, and it cracks me up just thinking about it.
Another thing I did last week - I had a really really tough session - I had to talk a lot and walked out feeling pretty ashamed. So I sat down and 'drew' the shame (nothing special - just hard scribbles on a paper; it also helped get my energy out), crumpled it up, and threw it into the closest public garbage can, so I knew it would be disposed of really soon. That also helped - even without a subway, BB! It makes it tangible and I feel in control to be able to get rid of it.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you very much for sharing Frum Survivor!

Sounds like some powerful action :)
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
maggiegirl

Post by maggiegirl »

That subway trick makes me laugh! I threw a vile book sent to me by my FOO about false memories in a Huge stinking Dempsey Dumpster. After a tearful therapy session. I let the heavy top clang down with a loud Thump!!
River

Post by River »

FrumSurvivor....what a tangible, visible thing to do that has such an impact. I think I'll try it. Thats awesome. I am so happy for you!

River
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

Fleur - yeah, powerful, all right! I always find myself grinning like mad whenever I think about it!!
Maggiegirl - Hey, good for you!! Glad you were able to do that.
River - so glad you're happy for me. :) That makes me happy! And if you do try it, please let me know how it goes!
You guys are all awesome. Much luck,
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed trigger indicator from MT to NT
FrumSurvivor
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello FrumSurvivor

Yesterday I wrote a long letter to my FOO
Then read and re-read it and said it aloud before destruction
Feel.a bit lighter today

Next time I shall draw

Thanks for the idea, is empowering

Fleur
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur