confused is not the same as crazy

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Lilo

confused is not the same as crazy

Post by Lilo »

Hi

Got this through something a friend said in an email to me:

Confused isn't the same as crazy. I may be very confused - but that doesn't mean that I am crazy.

Love
Lilo
little h

Re: confused is not the same as crazy

Post by little h »

agreed- i think sterotyping people as crazy is so hurtful and inaccurate huh? makes the victem out to be the
one with the problem.......rather people are often: traumatized, tortured, abused, neglected, cast aside, suffered, brainwashed, etc.. andtheir actions and behaviors were/are necessary for survival. sad that people get such labels. ive had my fair share of being called crazy and its incredibly painful- if only people who judge could walk a mile in the other persons shoes.
Our Hearts Can Grow Strong at the Broken Places
from a quote by Jack Kornfield
given to me by my T
abusewarrior

Post by abusewarrior »

Lilo:
I think people do think crazy and confused are similiar because they are afraid of anything that isn't in a nice little box. The word "crazy" has been so misused that I am not sure if it is relevant at all these days. Confused is how most people really feel if they would only admit it.
AW
acorn

Post by acorn »

Thanks for the helpful reminder :)

A friend of mine used to say, "You aren't crazy, just hurt."