Things your inner child currently likes

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Closeyclo

Re: Things your inner child currently likes

Post by Closeyclo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:26 am

Oh where to start, my inner child has many likes!
Drawing, painting, colouring in.
Making blanket and pillow nests and hiding in them.
Hot chocolate.
Coco pops.
Cuddling up to my big sister.
Disney movies.
The Peanuts Movie.
Ponyo and My Neighbour Totoro.
Birthday cake ice cream.
A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.

Booklover

Post by Booklover » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Ok I now have a silly question. How do you connect to or know what your inner child wants?

I was once told the inner child is the one you hid during the abuse and never let out so she couldn’t be hurt and that I should nurture her but I have no idea how to connect to her so haven’t ever done anything
Fighting my way to freedom

Closeyclo

Post by Closeyclo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Booklover wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:08 pm
Ok I now have a silly question. How do you connect to or know what your inner child wants?

I was once told the inner child is the one you hid during the abuse and never let out so she couldn’t be hurt and that I should nurture her but I have no idea how to connect to her so haven’t ever done anything
Hi booklover.
Not a silly question, but a potentially silly answer so I apologise if this isn't the most helpful thing in the world:
For me, my inner child is a lot more dominant when I'm safe, I have a friend who is a little older than me and very safe and little me surfaces a lot with her. But for a while I was very dismissive of little me, id try to push her aside and not acknowledge her because often she's scared, and I was so good at building walls that she broke down. Now I accept her more, and doing things that I enjoyed as a child (drawing, painting, splashing in puddles, anything childish) really brings her out a little more.
Maybe try drawing if you're artistic at all? Or try writing from a child perspective and see if it brings anything up?
I'm sorry if this wasn't much help!
Have a lovely day!
A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.

Booklover

Post by Booklover » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Thanks that makes sense and I love drawing but always think of it as very childish type drawing but sometimes it’s the only way I can express my feelings
Fighting my way to freedom