What do you struggle with the most?

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

carms

What do you struggle with the most?

Post by carms »

Hi,

I'm a survivor of sexual violence and working on creating an online program for women who've experienced sexual violence in their youth on how to live with your trauma and eventually leave it behind you. I believe that every single survivor should have access to the support and help they need to heal their trauma and live the kind of life they want and deserve, and my work is my contribution to that.

I started working on this program because when I was going through my own healing process I would have needed a product like this, but since one didn’t exist, I had to learn everything the hard way, through so many mistakes and pitfalls I could have avoided if I’d had the knowledge.

What I’m hoping to offer through this work, in addition to sharing the techniques, strategies and methods that have helped me and countless other survivors, is a place of hope and healing for survivors. As well as encouragement and a reason why to deal with your trauma, when it’s the most horrifying thing in the world you can think of, as well as to raise discussion and awareness on issues on sexual violence.

Because I don’t believe sexual violence is something that should be silenced, that only adds to the isolation, the feeling of “Have i done something wrong? / Is there something wrong with ME, when this needs to be hidden?” of us survivors.

I believe in transparency.

That in only by talking, openly and honestly, can we change the pre-existing attitudes, like victim-blaming, and move the wrongfully placed guilt and shame from us survivors back where they belong – to the perpetrators!

I wanna show the world that we survivors have nothing to be ashamed of, quite contrary! And work towards a society where all survivors can hold their heads high and be proud of their of their journey and the strength, courage and resilience they show in devastating circumstances.

To help create, together with you, a world where survivors will be praised for their bravery to live and deal with their biggest fears and face their inner demons. Those are incredible achievements and should be celebrated out and loud!

So if this resonates with you, I'd be honoured if you shared what you're struggling with the most (either at the moment or in your healing process in general), so that we can together help other survivors on their healing journeys.

Sending all my love, support and admiration to each and every one of you!

Ps. I hope this post is within the guidelines of the forum, if not please accept my sincerest apologies.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: What do you struggle with the most?

Post by Jonesy »

Hi carms

We do not permit research, advertising or self-promotion on our website, as outlined in the Guidelines which were sent to you upon registration. If you require further clarification then please feel free to email me.

This thread will be locked but you are welcome to post on isurvive for your own support.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org