New here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

elleg

New here

Post by elleg »

Hi,
I'm (obviously) new here. I know from reading some other intros some folks kind of gave a run down of experiences but I'm kind of.. well I guess I kind of just would prefer to get a feel for the place before disclosing much. I experienced multiple forms of abuse from my adoptive parents (as well as several traumas as an adult) and I now deal with PTSD and a dissociative disorder. I'm in my mid 20s but I only got out of the situation I was in a couple years ago and I've been playing major catch up trying to learn about how to be an adult since I wasn't allowed before, so I'm sorry in advance if I ever mention something and the answer seems obvious - I'm not trying to be oblivious, I'm just still learning.
Also, sorry, I'm not sure if this is a 'No trigger' or 'May trigger' post since I didn't go into much detail, but I figured I'd leave it as 'may' just to be safe.
I hope you're all taking care of yourselves, and I hope that you all have as good a day as possible :)
-elleg
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: New here

Post by Jonesy »

Hi elleg

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
solana

Post by solana »

welcome! :)
You are stronger than you know.
Harbor

Post by Harbor »

Hi elleg

You are very welcome here and you are doing perfectly. No need to apologize at all. Please do take your time to peruse the forums and get comfortable before you share at your own pace - or not. We are here for you either way.
"'Safe Harbor' is a state of mind... it's the place - in reality or metaphor - to which one goes in times of trouble or worry. It can be a friendship, marriage, church, garden, beach, poem, prayer, or song." -Luanne Rice