Seeking comfort in a different form

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

ZBK

Seeking comfort in a different form

Post by ZBK »

I’m typically very private and stay away from forums or chats. It’s difficult for me to open up let alone write anything down however my days are turning dark. I have been in therapy for a year, have a loving supportive circle of friends and family but can’t get myself to open up to anyone. Not sure what I’m looking for in here but if anyone can help give me suggestions on how to be able to share my story to my therapist and start my journey of healing I’d be so gratelful. It makes me sick thinking of even verbalizing it.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Seeking comfort in a different form

Post by Harmony »

Dear ZBK,

Welcome to isurvive. This is a warm safe environment where you can share only as you chose. How you do your healing is your choice. Many of us find comfort in the similarity of our experiences or reactions to things. Isurvive is company and support for your own healing. Make yourself comfortable here and look around. If you need any help or have questions please ask. There are a lot of great people here from all over the world healing and thriving.

with care,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi ZBK

A warm welcome to isurvive.
Maybe begin by posting support to others, as you leaf through the forums? Let your fingers do the talking ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
solana

Post by solana »

welcome!

i am also a really private person and have the hardest time opening up verbally or in "real" life. i absolutely relate to feeling sick just thinking about it.

while i agree it's important to be cautious of what you share on most places of the internet, I've found this forum to be a very safe and supportive environment. it has allowed me to write and share things here that i could never dream of saying out loud.. at least not yet. I think writing here, surrounded by people who understand, is a great place to start.

take your time looking around and post when you're ready :)
You are stronger than you know.
ZBK

Post by ZBK »

Thank you to you guys for the encouraging words.