Hello From Me

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Magpie

Hello From Me

Post by Magpie »

Hello All,

I am new to the site. I guess I’d like to start by saying how
Moved and grateful to have this as an outlet and support. I don’t talk to anyone about my childhood experiences, it can be very isolating at times. I am now in my 30s and only just starting to accept what happened and search for peace in some way. I would appreciate your thoughts on what I believe to be sexual abuse which happened to me when I was 13/14 years of age.

An older family member ( but not an adult) asked me a few times to play a game of “Mums & Dads” in there room. I agreed to play, not thinking anything other than it were to be a game. This person got me to touch them and kiss them in intimate areas, whilst they got pleasure from it.

As an adult now, I can look back at some of my life choices and how I feel about myself, and some of the mental issues I have suffered. I feel like it’s been placing jigsaw pieces together to come back to those few times that I should not have been asked to participate in that game, and that it was wrong.

I still see this family member, which makes it hard. We have never spoken about it, and I have never told anyone.

I feel like this is the first step to my road to recovery, I say in hope. I don’t want to blame, I don’t even want answers from them I just want to feel better.

Thanks for listening.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Hello From Me

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Magpie

A warm welcome to isurvive. I hope that you find the support and understanding here that you deserve.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org