I understand!

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

flowermelt

I understand!

Post by flowermelt »

Hi guys, I read a few posts lately which showed users of this forum appearing very upset about a user who had wrote some upsetting horrible posts attacking our community. I just want to say this isn't the first time i expressed my SA on a forum... i did many years ago and i had a very upsetting unsupportive reaction by a certain person on that forum which stayed with me for a while. : ( I didn't express it in as much detail as i have to you guys, but i did express it briefly to the point.

It made me feel even worse about my SA and like it was all my fault, and it really REALLY put me off ever expressing myself as that person made me feel so low in myself. He honestly sounded just like my abuser, almost like my abuser was communicating with me! I won't post what that person said as it's too upsetting and may also upset many others in this community! It's amazing how a person i had never met before in my life could make me feel so bad about myself, but i have come to terms that whoever wrote that about me was just plain ignorant (it's very easy for people on the internet to be ignorant) or probably a paedophile and sex offender themselves!

It is also amazing how people i have never met can make me feel so good about myself, and those people are you guys! I just want to say i understand how it feels to be attacked and upset by ignorant people. There are sick sick people out there, and i honestly feel so safe here! It took me so much courage to confide in you guys as the last time i tried doing that i was judged badly and ended up feeling even worse about myself!

It's hard to believe there are so many negative horrible cruel people in this world like those that are so heartless that they would come on a forum and attack people who have been victims of SA. It is also wonderful to know there are kind caring AMAZING human beings in this world such as this community which is full of supportive, friendly, caring and beautiful human beings! : )

To all those on this forum who have been through that kind of horrible experience, i am sorry and totally understand and have been a victim of those kind of vicious people too! Just stay strong, know you are supported by myself and this wonderful community, and that there are despicable people out there! And it's very easy for them despicable people to hide behind the anonymity of the internet. As they ain't right in the head!!!

I honestly came across this place by accident, i really didn't expect myself to be so passionate about a forum but this is so much more than a forum, this is truly a sanctuary.

Sending hugs, kisses and positivity, flowermelt xxx