hello

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

TightropeWalker

hello

Post by TightropeWalker »

I've never been on a forum site before, but a friend kept telling me to join this so I did.The email said it's recommended to introduce yourself so i guess that's what this is. I've been constantly struggling and have little to no motivation anymore, everything is flashbacks and things are always repeating. I don't know. I keep trying to pretend things didn't happen or bury sh*t but that doesn't seem to work very well. Looking through old photos I found a picture i took as evidence from when i was fifteen and the world has stopped since then. I'm incredibly nervous to be writing this. I just hope this makes things better. My family had me shut up years ago and I still feel incredibly guilty about what has happened to me in the past. I'm twenty now. This is all over the place and I have trouble understanding things, on that topic I also have high functioning autism. I don't know if that matters or not. Hopefully this will make things better, this is terrifying to type out... Hello everyone
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: hello

Post by Jonesy »

Hi TightropeWalker

Hello yourself and a very warm welcome to isurvive. May you soon feel at home here.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
TightropeWalker

Post by TightropeWalker »

Jonesy,

Thank you, by the way what do the ST NT and MT mean?
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi TightropeWalker

During the registration process you were required to state that you had read, and agreed to, the following:
Please ensure that you have, in fact, actually read them.

You will find further explanation on NT, MT, ST under Terms and Conditions of Use, http://www.isurvive.org/terms-and-conditions-of-use/, but as a general guide you should use:
• NT – for merely mentioning a triggering topic
• MT – for including some detail
• ST – for graphic detail
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Hi TightropeWalker,

Pleasure to meet you although so sorry for the reasons you find yourself here. Hope you find the support you are looking for here.

Take good care of yourself,
iwt
solana

Post by solana »

Hi TightropeWalker,

I can totally relate to trying to pretend things never happened, and that not working very well. And how terrifying it is to type out your introduction. You did a great job. Welcome!
You are stronger than you know.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear tightrope walker,

Love your name. It really does create an image of some of my experience in trauma recovery. Great choice. Hope you will be doing leaps and spins on the rope soon.

with care,
Harmony