Staff support

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

reisha

Staff support

Post by reisha »

Wow. I just stumbled upon sum REALLY upsetting posts/threads. Im so sorry to read them, to see that kind of hatred & anger directed towards our community. So very grateful to & for our staff here. I *hate* that ya hafta deal w/ trolley jerks like that. Esp during sacred times for sum folx. Sending all my love & undying support & heaps of gratitude wrapped in compassionate sparkly white rainbow lite & love

{{{{ISURVIVE!!!!!!!}}}}}}}
Ashia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Staff support

Post by Ashia »

Thank you for your kindness and making me smile.

With caring
Ashia
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Thanks reisha, that’s kind of you. We try hard to make this a safe and productive space for all
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thanks reisha for writing this. Was going to do the same for our staff.
They do such an amazing job for us all.
I made the mistake of reading too. Found myself really triggered and upset by things I read. Doubting myself and my story and my “consent”.
Was finding myself feeling very protective of Harmony and this beautiful place and everyone here. But I’m this case I felt it better to not saying anything and leave it to the staff. As usual they kept us safe here.
Thank you to jonesy and serenity for your hard work in doing so. All the staff here do an amazing job here. This place is here for us Bc of you and your hard work. So thank you so much.

Just wanted to pass that on.
Lotsa love from me.
Shirley
There is always a silver lining.
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Grateful for this safe space too. Thanks to reisha for your words. :)
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Thank you reisha for your kind words and support. And thank you Shirley and dancingfish for the support as well. And thank you to all the members who come here to give and receive support, and offer caring to others. And thank you Jonesy for all of your hard work and dedication keeping this place the safe, supportive environment that it is. And thank you Ashia and all of the moderators who give their time and care to this place, because we genuinely care about isurvive and know how special it is.

Serenity
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear reisha, Shirley, dancingfish, and anyone who reads this,

Thank you all for your support. We are a loving but strong crew at isurvive. The truth is it is you the members who really make this place safe and wonderful. We aim to keep things both safe and free for discussion. That is a careful dance isn't it?

sending calm support to all,
Harmony
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

I have often marvelled at the special balance that is found here, where people can discuss The most difficult of topics, without censorship,
And in extreme cases, are given ample opportunities , kind feedback, And explanations if their words are Offensive or out of line .
I’ve never seen another online format that manages this difficult balance so fairly.

On going, continued thanks to everyone involved in keeping this corner of the web safe,
And hoping site leadership here are able to practice their own self-care when managing such difficult interactions.

Couragetoday
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Harmony wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:51 pm That is a careful dance isn't it?
A fishy careful dance? :D

Thank you though for your kind words and support. :)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Shirley, dancingfish and Couragetoday

Thanks for chiming in. We appreciate you 8-)

All,

At isurvive we try very hard to provide a safe landing place for those trying to recover from childhood trauma - which, as you know, can look very different for each of us. Occasionally a member joins who does not 'fit' as seamlessly as others, which causes ripples within our community. And sometimes, regardless of intervention on our part, isurvive isn't the right place for some people to remain a part of.
Please know that this particular member has currently been deactivated, whilst we try to work things out with them.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org