An Introduction

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

nameless

An Introduction

Post by nameless »

Hello,
I'm nameless! (That's a double entendre)

I joined this site to feel the liberty of being able to tell my story without judgement or a change in view of me. However, I must confess, now when it comes down to even mention it, especially in an introductory post, I suddenly feel like a deer in headlights, but I've got to start somewhere. I've gone through sexual abuse, physical abuse and emotional abuse from family but also from an ex of mine.

I hope I will one day be able to tell my story in full. For now I am ever inspired by the brave men and women who have told their story. Although it's never easy to read a survivor's story, it brings me courage and makes me feel like I can do it too.

So, this is an introductory post, but it is also a thank you to all the brave people on this site, and those that support them. It's given me genuine hope.

Thank you.
-- nameless

(As a side note, I apologize for any gramatical errors that might appear in this. I didn't sleep last night, so I am not at my brightest. Nonetheless, I hope it was coherent.)
Noname

Re: An Introduction

Post by Noname »

Hi nameless, I'm Noname. :)

Your post seemed perfectly coherent to me. There's no pressure here. You can tell as much or as little of your story as you want, at whatever pace is right for you. I'm glad this place has given you hope, and I'm glad you're here.

NN
nameless

Post by nameless »

Noname wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm Hi nameless, I'm Noname. :)

Your post seemed perfectly coherent to me. There's no pressure here. You can tell as much or as little of your story as you want, at whatever pace is right for you. I'm glad this place has given you hope, and I'm glad you're here.

NN
Thank you for the warm welcome, NoName.
Seems like we have something in common :lol:

Have a nice day,
-- nameless
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi nameless

A very warm welcome to isurvive ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
nameless

Post by nameless »

Jonesy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:05 pm Hi nameless

A very warm welcome to isurvive ;)
Hah, thank you very much!

-- nameless
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering content.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi nameless,

Welcome to the site. Hope you find this a useful and supportive place.

with care,
Harmony
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Welcome nameless. I have to admit when I read your post I thought it was from noname and I was quite perplexed! :D

Despite the reasons, it is a pleasure to meet you. Wishing you peace...iwillthrive