Hello!

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

tayla

Hello!

Post by tayla »

I am new here, and I found this forum through a few internet searches. I came this way because while I've been dealing with the recovery process for a long time, the therapy work I started a few months ago is pulling everything up in a different way. While I have a great support network with wonderful friends and a loving partner, I felt it important I didn't lean on them for my survival in this process. They're willing to listen to me but no one should be expected to be a constant support beam to me as part of being my friend. They've got their own lives and problems to worry about.

So! I wanted a place in which I could talk to other people about what's been going on in my recovery process without worrying about it being too much. So greetings!

I am a 20-something office worker with a lot of creative and nerdy hobbies, from art to writing to video games to group storytelling. I care a lot about politics, the general world around me, and the other people in my life who I would love to see continue to grow and thrive. And I'm looking forward to a future in which I am able to reconnect with the things I really want to do and pursue dreams without the specter of the past bogging me down. It'd be nice.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Hello!

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Tayla

A very warm welcome to isurvive. So glad you found us ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
tayla

Post by tayla »

Thank you, Jonesy! :) I am glad to be here.
jimscarlet

Post by jimscarlet »

Hello Tayla,welcome,you are in caring hands.
Last edited by Harmony on Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering information
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

tayla,

Welcome. So sorry for the reasons you find yourself here but glad that you found this loving place. Kudos to you for recognizing that its best not to lean on partner all the time. Talking to others that can relate to my story has been so helpful for me. I hope it is for you as well.

Wishing you moments of peace through your journey. iwillthrive