Desperate for Connection

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Flea

Desperate for Connection

Post by Flea »

Ive been part of another trauma forum before and became very involved... I eventuly became a mod and went to a few trauma conferences with some people I met. One of the girls ended up dying by suicide and it devastated me. Ive not been back on any forum since then. My therapist has been encouraging me to try it out again, so here I am.

My background - age = 30s, work in the mental health field myself which is my calling, struggle with DID, five kids currently (we foster so it fluctuates from time to time), one spoiled cat...

Im not sure what else to say. Ive felt very isolated lately for reasons im not up for writing right now. I do have an online therapist, a real life therapist, and a trauma consultant I contact as needed. Im a bit of a privacy freak. I have struggled since my prior therapist lost her shit and the relationship ended rather unexpectedly and according to those around me, traumatically. It was an unhealthy relationship (too much dependency and we developed a major dual relationship) and I know that, but I still miss her. We worked together 2-3x/week for 5 years. Im having trouble adjusting to my new therapist and im pretty sure its my fault. Anyways, I think im rambling now... looking forward to looking around the forum a little more!
Serenity
Director
Director

Re: Desperate for Connection

Post by Serenity »

Hello Flea,

Welcome to isurvive.

With care,
Serenity
Ashia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ashia »

Hi Flea

Welcome to isurvive and kudos on taking this brave step. It's always ok to share as and when you are ready. All in your time.

With caring
Ashia
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Hi Flea,

Welcome to isurvive. You have found a beautiful place to connect.

Wishing you peace...iwillthrive
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Flea

A very warm welcome to isurvive ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
quixote

Post by quixote »

Flea,
Welcome. So glad you reached out here especially if you're feeling isolated.
quixote
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

A friendly hello to you, Flea, from me too.

Jitterbug
mina

Post by mina »

Hello flea so glad your here ..I hope you feel safe and understood here and you are never alone ..you're always in good company amongst your fellow survivors who get you and more than understand welcome .have a good day
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering material or words.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Welcome flea

You are new to isurvive so please look around and make yourselves at home. This site is really safe for healing for several reasons. We don't give much advice. We kind of say what works for us. We learn from each other. I am sure you will find your way around.

nice to meet you,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi again Flea

How's it going with the not-so-new therapist now?
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org