Online Therapist Referrals?

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

FacingFear

Online Therapist Referrals?

Post by FacingFear »

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any specific referals to an online therapist that they have used in the past? Need help with a variety of different issues that are frequently discussed on this board but don't feel comfortable discussing publicly or in person therapist.

Thanks
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as merely mentioned triggering topic
Jitterbug

Re: Online Therapist Referrals?

Post by Jitterbug »

Can't offer any suggestions but wanted to say hello, FacingFear, and hope you manage to find someone you can work with in the way that you need.

A brave and positive step.

With much support,

Jitterbug
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi FacingFear

I also wanted to welcome you to isurvive.
Remember that some of our forums are hidden to non-members and you may feel safer posting there.
Please refer to your registration email for this information ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Jessica Jones

Post by Jessica Jones »

I don’t know if this is at all helpful since you asked for specifics but I use talkspace and they give you multiple therapists to choose from and I was able to select one with experience with trauma and ptsd which is what I needed. It has been a great experience for me, actually the best therapy experience I have had ever.
Flea

Post by Flea »

I use Barbara June Appelgren through Better Help. Im not sure if you can request a specific therapist or how it works exactly as far as thst goes but she is amazing. Shes the right mix of compassion and accountability... she doesn’t put up with my shit and calls me out when im being ridiculous. Best wishes!