An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Angelina

Post by Angelina »

Hi,
I’m new to this group and thought i’d Introduce myself. This is extremely hard for me (like I suspect it is for everyone) as I’m not very good at sharing my thoughts and feelings and non of my family and friends know about what I went through and what I’m going through now mentally. I’m still in denial a little about what happened to me when I was younger, I guess I blame myself, anyway my therapist is trying to help me with all this but thought i’d try a group as I struggle between my therapy sessions. Not sure if this is a good idea but here goes let’s see if I can do this and sorry if I don’t last long in the group x
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Newbie

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Angelina

A warm welcome to isurvive. It's great to have you here with us ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Hello Angelina
I just joined in December.
You are so welcome to share or say whatever you want to. There’s no expectation or judgement. It’s the opposite- caring and accepting.
I have learned that everyone here has experienced similar things and is dealing with the healing process. It’s comforting to just go on and read. No pressure.

:) wolfspirit
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
Ashia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ashia »

Hi Angelina

Welcome to isurvive. You've taken a big step in sharing your words here. It's absolutely ok to take your time, have a look around and if you want to share, then you can. All in your time is just fine.

Ashia
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Hi angelina,

Welcome! Has been so hard for me to share my thoughts and feeling with anyone. It’s easier here. Such acceptance and safety here. I hope you find this place to be as helpful as I have. Here listening if you want to share more. Sometimes just reading what others have posted has helped me too. No pressure here. You get to go at your own pace.

Sorry for all the reasons that caused you to need a place like this, but so glad you found it and reached out.

Wishing you peace on your journey. iwillthrive
Angelina

Post by Angelina »

Thanku guys.
I was so worried no one would comment and I’m not good at talking but I know I need to open up more, to help with my recovery, but that’s not with my family xx
“If you are struggling today, remember that life is worth living and believe that the best is yet to come”.