Hi, I’m new here...

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

CrackedOpal

Hi, I’m new here...

Post by CrackedOpal »

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum.

A little about me, I’m a 22 year old female, living in the Midwestern United States. I have been struggling with generalized anxiety and major depressive disorder since I was about 10. I began to experience symptoms of C-PTSD around age 15, but didn’t tell anyone until I was 17.

I’ve been seeing my current therapist for about 2 years, and once we started exploring my past and memories, I began interacting with parts inside, and as we have worked together, my therapist, (Name Removed), has diagnosed me with DID. She says that my system is very complex, not extensive like there are tons of parts, but like the way they interact with me and each other is unique. I am able to go to school full time and work part time and I rarely have complete blackouts presently but the memory amnesia is all about my past. My parts work very much internally, so they won’t take executive control and post anything on here basically because they don’t need to.

It’s really hard to explain and I don’t know how to make more sense, hahaha.

I will post a short explanation of my abuse history in a different board, so it’s up to you if you want to read that or not.
Last edited by Serenity on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to be as good of a person as my dog thinks I am.
chickadee

Re: Hi, I’m new here...

Post by chickadee »

Hi CrackedOpal,

Welcome to this community. Your decision to join and post here shows your inner strength.

Wishing you peace,
- chickadee
"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb." - Najwa Zebian

chickadee
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi crackedopal,

Sending one more welcome wish to you. Hope you find support here.

with care,
Harmony
ChipmunksRunFree

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

CrackedOpal, welcome to iSurvive. Can't get over how vivid and striking your chosen nickname is :)
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Welcome to isurvive, CrackedOpal.
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi CrackedOpal,

Welcome to a friendly part of the Web.

You certainly have a full schedule between work and study.

May you find all the support and assistance you want and deserve.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Welcome CrackedOpal. Sorry that you have a past that brought you to this place but glad you have joined us here. Hope you find this place to be as supportive as I have.

Wishing you peace...iwillthrive
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi CrackedOpal

A warm welcome from me too
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
CrackedOpal

Post by CrackedOpal »

Thank you all for the warm welcome messages. I’m a little weary about posting replies because I’m new and I don’t really have experience in this type of forum. Thank you for making me feel accepted and welcome!
I want to be as good of a person as my dog thinks I am.
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

I've only been a member for 2 months. Take your time and post only what you want when you feel comfortable. Sometimes it's helpful for me to just read other posts - I learn a lot from what others are going through.

Glad you are here...