New Today

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

SB1979

New Today

Post by SB1979 »

Hi its taken me a long time to get here,

I've been in therapy for the last year with an eating disorder, anorexia which is as a result of being abused as a teen.
It has taken 20 years for it to come to the surface and now it has, its like a well overflowing.

I am currently undergoing exposure therapy but really struggling and feel like I need support from others who have been through something similar.

Anyway just to say hi, i would love your support and would love to support others suffering xx
Last edited by Harmony on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Today

Post by Harmony »

Dear SB
Welcome to our safe little corner of the internet universe. Hope you find lots of support for your healing. Exposure therapy is one way out there to heal your trauma. It is certainly a brave and challenging method. My one caveat is that if one method doesn't work for you please do not give up. There are many of us out here who have used a variety of modalities to get better. It is truly a journey. We are all here for your company and support.

with care,
Harmony
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Hi. I've only been on this site for a few days, so I'm new here too. I just wanted to say welcome. I hope we both find strength and support from this brave group of beautiful people.

Take care,
iwillthrive
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi SB1979

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
1000miles

Post by 1000miles »

Hi SB1979,

Adding my warm welcome to the others.

1000miles
ajei

Post by ajei »

It's really good to meet you SB1979.

ajei
SB1979

Post by SB1979 »

iwillthrive wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 pm Hi. I've only been on this site for a few days, so I'm new here too. I just wanted to say welcome. I hope we both find strength and support from this brave group of beautiful people.

Take care,
iwillthrive
Hi iwillthrive, hey to you too. How are you finding the site ?
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

SB1979,

Ok so far. I wish there were more people interacting, but it's better than what I had before - nothing ;). Reading some previous posts has been helpful - how others have handled things. It's good for me to have a place where others get it. I don't share with anyone other than my therapist, and I'm too ashamed and embarrassed to join a support group, so I think this will be helpful.

Your thoughts so far?
Last edited by iwillthrive on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there

Post by there »

SB1979,
Welcome!
I hope you this website is helpful to you. I have found much understanding and encouragement here.

There may be less posting, less traffic because of the season. I've noticed a dip through these summer months. Well, summer for members in the northern hemisphere, anyway.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Two Worlds

Post by Two Worlds »

Hello, I am new too. I hope both of us can grow and make friends here.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT