Confused and concerned

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Obscure Reference

Confused and concerned

Post by Obscure Reference »

Hi. I'm new (obviously) and... confused? I guess? I hope I'm doing this right... And I hope the yellow MT is appropriate. I apologize if I haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

I don't know if I was abused or not. I've seen four gynecologists over the years and they've all asked if I had experienced it during my childhood. To be honest? I don't know. I don't remember a lot of my early childhood. I do know I had childhood PTSD and an abusive father. I know he left me alone with a lot of adults that I didn't know. So it's possible. And it makes sense. But I don't remember anything about it.

I joined because I think... If I did suffer sexual abuse... that it's still affecting my life. Even though I can't remember it. And I'm glad I can't remember it because at the moment, it's more of a health/sex problem than an emotional/mental one. I don't really want the confirmation of yes this did happen. I just want to know what I can do to reverse the effects it's had on me.

I'll go to other sub-forums for specific advice but that's essentially my story. The TL;DR version is "I don't know."
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Confused and concerned

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Obscure Reference

A warm welcome to isurvive. Hopefully you will find support and understanding here
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

Hello, I’m sorry about your struggles. I’ve questioned my own abuse a lot. Deep down I know it all happened. But I’ve so badly wanted to believe that it didn’t. But questioning myself was really harmful. So when you say that you don’t remember, and don’t want to remember, that’s understandable and it’s totally okay. I just hope that it doesn’t lead to you questioning yourself. Please, never do that, just trust me on that one.
quixote

Post by quixote »

Obscure Reference,
It's okay if you don't remember much. But if doctors are asking questions, then there might be a possibility that you did suffer abuse as a child. One way to deal with it is by seeing a therapist and talking about what you remember.
Quixote
recover

Post by recover »

hi obscure reference,
good to meet you, welcome.
just want to say that i have no real memories of sexual abuse however i have suffered my entire life with severe symptoms consistent with sexual abuse. it's so confusing.
i think quixote's suggestion of talking to a therapist is a good one.
with much support,
recover
ajei

Post by ajei »

It's really good to meet you Obscure Reference.

ajei
1000miles

Post by 1000miles »

Hi Obscure Reference,

I'm new here myself. I can see how it would be tough to decide what to do in your situation. I wish you good support and peace of mind as you work it out, and also in your healing endeavors in general.

1000miles
Obscure Reference

Post by Obscure Reference »

Thank you all. I feel very welcome here.
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Obscure Reference,

Lovely to know you feel welcomed here.

A belated welcome from me ... May you have taken time to browse forums to get a feel for the iSurvive site.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Obscure Reference,

May life have yielded some answers for you since posting here.

As today is your birthday, I'm taking this opportunity to wish you a very happy celebration for your personal new year. May you have many positive moments , happiness and peace during the next 12 months.

With care,
Xanthia