Hello from a first timer

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

LindaGo

Hello from a first timer

Post by LindaGo »

Hello! I am a first time user. I read all the rules on what not to do. Now I'm not sure what TO do. So, I just post things on the forum and people respond? I can respond to others post? But not in real time until two weeks when I can enter the chat room? Just making a reality check here. I am looking forward to connecting with other survivors in a mutually healing manner.

Thanks,
LindaGo
Last edited by Serenity on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
hopeful

Re: Hello from a first timer

Post by hopeful »

Hi LindaGo

LOL your post made me smile. No set rules as to what or when you share. Everything at your own pace. Maybe look at a few posts and see what you are drawn to. Feel free to comment on any. Everyone here are so supportive and welcoming here.

Welcome!

Hopeful
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Welcome, LindaGo.

Feel free to take a look around, get to know the place.

With care,
Serenity
Stephie

Post by Stephie »

Nice to meet you LindaGo
Glad you found us

-Stephie
ajei

Post by ajei »

Hi LindaGo...it's really good to meet you.

ajei
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi LindaGo,

Welcome to a friendly part of the Web.

Yes, you've nailed it ... You can write as much (or little, smile) as you want to share as soon as you are a member. Real time chat is an extra aspect.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
reisha

Post by reisha »

welcome, {lindago!} ,-- safe hug, if ok (?)

yer post made me smile too. theres really no rite or wrong way to use the site. sum folx just read, others just write, still others both read & write. & dont worry bout 'where' or 'what - the mods are really excellent at figgerin if a post needs its trigger warning changed, or will ask ya if they think movin it would be of benefit. write as much or as lil as feels comfy, is rite for YA. - its all about ... creating a safe place to explore sum-a the.... more 'tricky & ikky' stuff.
this is a very supportive community; we're all just doin the best we can, to heal our hurts & to better understand ourselves.
i look forward to gettin to know ya
sendin much gentle support
Last edited by Harmony on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT.
LindaGo

Post by LindaGo »

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm really looking forward to this. I find that in my "real life", my everydayness, I do not share about my abuse experiences. But I've got to have an outlet to acknowledge it. Otherwise I go bonkers. My experience lasted 29 years. I've worked on it a lot. I am in counseling currently. Have been off and on since I was a teenager. (I am late 50's) Not sure I can share that. Anyway, I'm all about the growth. I wish my best to each of you. The attitude I learned some time back was not any of us has a better or bigger story. All stories are equal value.

Peace,'
LindaGo
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi LindaGo

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org