New Here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

dansaholic

New Here

Post by dansaholic »

Hey everyone,

This is my first time trying out one of these forums. The big things that I would love to chat about relate to feelings of isolation around the holidays and how young singles navigate dating when they feel so different than those they meet. It's exhausting going through the dating process and having them ask questions about your family. It's like, you don't want to lie, but you also have to be careful about not overwhelming the person. I often feel stuck and don't have someone I can relate to. On the outside, not a single person suspects that I had a difficult upbringing, as I truly am a joyful person and am lucky enough that outside people in my life offered support and encouragement. But I feel like a total outsider and oddball. I'm 31 years old, and I want a family of my own more than anything. I know that women my age, despite upbringings, struggle with this, so it's not an unusual thing, but it still feels pretty isolating, especially when you throw in the back story.

So that's me! I also love hiking, running, cooking, baking, and my dog, in case you're into that, too. :)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: New Here

Post by Jonesy »

Hi dansaholic

Good to see you here, welcome.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Hello dansaholic (love the name!),

Welcome to this warm and friendly space.

Jitterbug
ajei

Post by ajei »

It's good to meet you dansaholic.

ajei