(no subject)

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

catalyst

(no subject)

Post by catalyst »

I'm scared to write this, scared in general, but here goes.

The other forum I'm part of don't quite understand ritual abuse. I hadn't even heard of it until I lived it. Before that I was sexually, psychologically, physically, emotionally abused and neglected.
Last week I learned that Google don't sort their search by most relevant and so i searched for ritual abuse again today, because I've been struggling with finding someone who gets it, that you can't get it unless you live it or spend substantial time with someone who's lived it.

The brain washing convinced me that i was a failure for being on antidepressants and more so for talking to someone. After 12 months I saw someone. 6 months ago I was diagnosed with ptsd.

I don't have a mum - she's mentally lost and dad won't let her get help
I don't have a dad - unless you count a manipulative alcoholic
I am slowly getting my brothers back - they're starting to accept me, I make an effort and love them both dearly
I lost my gran 2 years ago and i still love her and carry her legacy

I'm tired now.

Edit x2: Removing details for privacy
Last edited by catalyst on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Catalyst: A person or thing that precipitates an event or change.
recover

Re: (no subject)

Post by recover »

hi catalyst and welcome.
i am sorry for all you have been through.
i think you will find support and caring here.
take care,
recover
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi catalyst,

Welcome to isurvive. This is a very supportive community of people who have been harmed by all sorts of child abuse. Hope you will find a bit of safety and hope here. There is no therapy nor right way to do things here. We just respect one another and share what works for us. That includes the moderators too. There is no hidden agenda here. Isurvive is just a safe space that was made for each of us.

Out of concern for your own privacy I suggest saving details of abuse and your story for password protected portions of our site. Questions about what is public? Just look at the site without logging in to see what is public. If you do post anything public you want moved from a public to a password protected area let us know right away. We moderators are happy to move things around. Welcome again.

with care,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi catalyst

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
quixote

Post by quixote »

catalyst,
Welcome to Isurvive. I know that you'll find support here.
quixote