Introduction!

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Jokershades

Introduction!

Post by Jokershades »

Hi all. I'm J. I am new to the site and this is my first post. I am an adult survivor of child sexual abuse. I am also an adult survivor of child physical and emotional abuse from a different offender. This past April I finally faced my rapist in court. I've been able to put that behind me finally after 36 years.

I live in [State removed] just outside of the [City name removed] area. I've been looking for local support groups without any luck.

The physical and emotional abuse at the hands of my stepmother. She passed away two years ago. That kind of satisfies me but kind of leave things unresolved as well.

I'm happy to be here and would love to chat with anybody who wants to share their experience Of healing.
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potentially identifying information removed by Harmony
we are only as sick as our secrets
Xanthia

Re: Introduction!

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Jokershades,

Welcome to iSurvive. Happy you joined , although deeply sorry for the reasons.

Open forum is available to guests as well as members, so perhaps look around, see where you'd be comfortable sharing.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Jokershades

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

Welcome Jokershades!

I too have found no 3D support groups in my area. It would be a huge help I feel, but the understanding and support you will find here, will amaze you. I've been a member here less than a year, and really overwhelmed by the support I have recieved and the progress I have made. There are some truly amazing people here, all helping each other to make sense of what has happened to us, and to learn to be productive in our lives in spite of our pasts. Take Xanthia's advice, and wander around member's part of the site, and find an area you feel comfortable sharing in. Also, feel free to get involved in other's threads too. There is a lot I have learned from talking with others on subjects they have posted. WELCOME!
"I was told not to air my dirty laundry in public...but then I realized it wasn't MY dirty laundry."- D. Ouimet
recover

Post by recover »

hi jokershades and welcome.
i too wish i had a 3D support group. i do think you will find this place amazingly wonderful though even if not 3D. i have.
with support,
recover
ajei

Post by ajei »

Hi jokershades, it's really good to meet you.

ajei
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello Jokershades

Welcome to a friendly niche of the Web

Wishing you very well in all respects
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Jokershades,

I trust that life is going well for you.
Hopefully, you have found more 3D support, whether in a group setting or individually.

May you enjoy a very happy birthday to mark the beginning of your personal new year.
Sending whatever is necessary for your healing journey.

Warm regards,
Xanthia