Scheduled Monthly Chat?

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Diver

Re: Scheduled Monthly Chat?

Post by Diver »

I will do my best to be there at 10am. amxnot feeling so good emotionally. Will try to be there.
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
-Diver
Diver

Post by Diver »

despite lack of sleep i was all ready to be there at 10. then at some point between 8-9ish i stepped in dog pee on the carpet.
the brand new carpet. i spent at least an hour cleaning the carpet. luckily we have a shopvac and i googled the heck out of how to get dog pee out of carpet. went with a towel soak up, soaked with baking soda + cold water + drop of dishsoap, let sit then shopvac. repeat. more towels more towels more towels... not that anyone cares, then sprinkled baking soda on the carpet, still damp, mistake... new vacuum... hurt? maybe. who knows.
i was there at 3 and will go back in at 4 to make sure i dont miss anybody.

try again on Monday for real, this was practice i guess. i still want to do it. i need to take my mind off my own crap and just be there for someone else... and learn how to stop talking about myself so much!

happy new year everybody.

safe for now.
-Diver
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Diver

Been there with dog accidents, no fun cleaning up. But sounds like you did a great job ;)
I was there for a wee while but then had to go sort dinner just as you arrived, so sorry to miss you - and I didn't make it bacl later cos all the festivities caught up on me and I crashed early :o

Will make this thread a 'global announcement' so it appears in every forum 8-)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Diver

Post by Diver »

Missed the 10am chat. I'm in there soon....
-Diver
Diver

Post by Diver »

I am useless. Don't count on me. I am sorry.
-Diver
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi Diver,

You aren't any more useless than the rest of us humans. You are allowed to be not perfect and still cared about. It is way OK. I personally think this was a good idea. I just first read of this now.

with care,
Harmony
there

Post by there »

I missed it, too, Diver. No worries. It can still happen.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
GrowingTree

Post by GrowingTree »

I am interested. Has this been happening? Also what type of conversations will there be? Talking about abuse stuff or just general getting to know each other? Do you mean online chat here on the link or through a video call with voices (no video)?
GrowingTree
Diver

Post by Diver »

Growing Tree,
first monday of the month

an Am and a PM so everyone kind of gets a chance. i will be there I think i said 10am and around 3pm US Central time. this could change depending on posts here.

general chat rules apply, and i would hope we could maybe use a TW system if we were going to bring up difficult material, maybe give others a chance to step away if needed. having speakers helps, you can be alerted when it's safe again.
no topic, just chat. anyone can bring up whatever. i figure the first ones will be more introductions. people are able to have private convos as well.
i would like to encourage people to share any positive coping skills because i love to know what others are trying that's working.

I am planning on being there at the next one in the am and pm. trying to plan around my kiddo...
-Diver
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi everyone

Just a wee reminder that this Monday is the first of the month - hope to bump into some of you ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org