Scheduled Monthly Chat?

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Diver

Scheduled Monthly Chat?

Post by Diver »

First, would anyone be interested?

All it would be is a scheduled chat with a 'mod' present for a specified amount of time. Open to all, no structure or anything other than normal chat rules.

Secondly, if so, what times work for people? Weekday, weekend? Daytime, evening? What time zone are you in as well?

I'm in central time zone, US. thought first monday of the month. Time depends on those interested.

I can and will certainly be there as the 'mod' to start things off. I'm hoping if this catches on that we can get a volunteer every monthly chat who would have time to moderate the next month's chat. All this would entail is being there and following the normal rules of chat.
-Diver
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Scheduled Monthly Chat?

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Diver

I think this is a GREAT idea, but do not think it would necessarily need a moderator present. Think would be great to know that at a given time, we would know someone would be there 8-)

Anyone else interested?
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
ag01

Post by ag01 »

Think it's a great idea Diver
Diver

Post by Diver »

That is what I meant, just a designated person who would be there at the specified time for an hour or two, then chat can continue as long as everyone else wants.
At least that way, we all know that once a month at the same time, there can be someone in chat.
I can do this to start. Just want to see if others are interested and get feedback regarding time and date. I know we all live all over the globe.
It's ok if no one wants to do it.
-Diver
Banana

Post by Banana »

I think it's a really good idea. It's no fun being in chat alone. It might help to vary the times though, as I'm in the UK so completely different time zone. I think it would be awesome if this could happen.

Banana
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia
there

Post by there »

Yeah! Great idea for a regular chat. Banana has a good point about varied times, too.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
fight4me

Post by fight4me »

Hi

Yes good idear

I can't commit St the mo but fab idear
Fight4me
ag01

Post by ag01 »

Like the first Monday of the month and maybe have two times so we can get all time zones, I'm in the same time zone as u r diver
Really is a great idea Diver
reisha

Post by reisha »

yes! 1st mon of month. maybe have one 'afternoon' chat, & one 'evening' chat, to better accommodate various time/zones?
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Diver

Post by Diver »

reisha wrote:yes! 1st mon of month. maybe have one 'afternoon' chat, & one 'evening' chat, to better accommodate various time/zones?
Just what I was thinking. I could dedicate one day a month to being there 2x a dayfor 1-2 hrs. I'm just afraid of one thing - I do have a 4 yr old and H will soon be. Going back to work.
My plan is to give him the iPad or a movie for that time, or something to keep him occupied so I can be fully present, but he's still 4, he. Could get sick, need me to get him a snack or wipe his butt lol! So, I may have to step away and once in a while. If I have to cancel due to an illness or something, I'll always let everyone know. Maybe we make a sticky thread about it that has all the details and I will update every month at least to let everyone know I will be there.

I would like to make this commitment, I think it would be something healthy for me to do.

I can be there the first day of 2016 and then the first Monday of the month once at 10am and once at 9pm for 1-2 hours if that suits everyone. (stIll open to time suggestions, this is just what I think might work with my kiddo's schedule.)
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
-Diver