Why is finding a job so tough? :(

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Legion

Why is finding a job so tough? :(

Post by Legion »

Ok Iv been searching for a job for a few months now and it's getting both stressful and tiring because it seems for every place I apply too I just get the same thing " sorry we won't be taking your application further" I really need support or advice on this as I don't know what to do about it anymore is there something I'm not doing right?
fightinback

Re: Why is finding a job so tough? :(

Post by fightinback »

Where in the world are you Legion?

Here in the UK there aren't huge numbers of jobs. Our local supermarket advertised a job recently and it had over 100 applicants... for one job. In my own experience, and that of friends around me, 'a few months' is nothing when trying to find a job.

Without knowing what you are doing, I don't know if there is something you're not doing right.

Are you getting to the interview stage? If not, do you know someone who can look over your cv and covering letter?
What kind of jobs are you applying for - are they relevant to your experience or qualifications?

If you are being turned down after interviews, it could be anything from confidence to them already having someone in mind for the job. Have you got someone you can practise your interview skills with? or try contacting the company afterwards for some feedback on your interview.

Sometimes it's worth thinking outside the box to make sure you're remembered.

I really empathise with you as I am in the same position right now. The only advice I can really give is keep trying. There is a job out there for you somewhere.

Good luck.
FB Delicately changing my name because I don't need to fight anymore.

Be true to yourself
Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it
Legion

Post by Legion »

I am in the U.K. Also and I'm not even getting to the interview stage I do not have a lot of confidence and am a shy person but increasing confidence isn't any good if I don't even get an interview I try to ask for feedback if my application was turned down by employèrs but they don't respond sigh :(
fightinback

Post by fightinback »

Do you have an advisor at the Job Centre?

They can give you info about help with your cv and covering letter.

How many jobs are you applying for roughly each week? That also counts.
FB Delicately changing my name because I don't need to fight anymore.

Be true to yourself
Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Happy Birthday Legion

May today be the start of a wonderful personal year

I started getting interviews when I wrote that although married x years we didn't have any children but then I wrote something quirky about our then cat
After another almost year I still hadn't a new job
By then I was pregnant so stopped working full time

Employment near me is night impossible
Employers use agencies to sift through applications
Even when they recruit, there's no Staff or time to offer feedback to unsuccessful interviewees , even less interest for people who weren't short listed

Noting the date of your opening post on this thread, you might have been employed for a while
If not working, May you enjoy volunteering to keep up skills and be something worthwhile to include on CV
I have had a few paid positions from being a volunteer

Wishing you well in every respect
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Legion,

By the time you read this, I trust you have had meaningful employment for a while.

As today is your birthday, I'm taking the opportunity to wish you a very happy day. May your personal year be full of positives.

Sent with whatever you would most appreciate for your healing journey.

With care,
Xanthia