Money problems sigh

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Legion

Money problems sigh

Post by Legion »

Sigh hi I have a big money problem just wanted to get my worries out in the open I am £270 in debt to my mum I'm unemployed and could be kicked out if I don't pay her on Thursday (I get universal credit) and I tooled a surveu to see if I could find anywhere IF I were to be kicked out and it said I was low priority because I'm single 23 and without children so really worried about my life at the moment :( not much to look forward to sorry if this is the wrong forum and I hope your all doing ok (with my life it's not that hard to be) thanx for listening :(
fightinback

Re: Money problems sigh

Post by fightinback »

Sorry to hear about your money and housing worries. I know personally how scary it can be to face eviction at the whim of, in my case an elderly landlady, and especially when you are unwell. I have a son (now 13), a dog and cat, and to my SHOCK there's no guarantee of a home when you have kids either. I assume you are in the UK if you are receiving universal credit.

First of all, Is there any way you can offer to pay your mum in instalments? I assume she knows you get universal credit and can't afford to pay such a large sum? £270 would be difficult to find for anybody at such short notice even if employed.

Have you tried the bank? friends? to see if you can borrow money to pay her. If you are in the uk and getting benefits you may be able to get a social fund loan, which is interest free, though this takes a little while to set up. Talk to your benefits agency to see if this or something else is available to you or try the Citizens Advice Bureau. Be careful about using a loan company, they charge huge amounts of interest and you are likely to end up worse off.

If it comes to it.. and this is personal choice, but at least 'sadly' in your favour. I was also very low priority and facing eviction from a landlady who decided on a whim that she wanted the place for her grandson. I was also at the bottom of the housing list and offered a B&B if I was evicted before a home became available.

I have never been afraid to talk about my health to anybody who can help my cause. My wellbeing, (and that of my family) is more important than money or any other worries I may have. In the UK, you would be eligible for a council or housing association home (even if it was a B&B to begin with) because of your health, despite what your survey told you. Availability would depend on your region.

At the end of last year, the fear of losing my beloved pets, with my son and I living in a B&B, was too much for me to deal with and my health spiralled downhill. I got ALL my team involved - my gp, psychiatrist, therapist and mh team and gave them permission to write 'openly' to the council explaining my Complex PTSD and other diagnoses I have, and describing exactly how this was affecting me, and how I 'would not survive' living in a B&B. This was no exaggeration at the time. Because of my health, the council were very supportive and I was pushed to the second top of the list. The top is 'already homeless'. As a result a home became available fairly quickly where we could all stay together. It's not ideal, but it is a permanent roof and we are together.

Hope this helps ease some of your worries and helps with your focus. I also hope your mum will be supportive.
FB Delicately changing my name because I don't need to fight anymore.

Be true to yourself
Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it
Joe

Post by Joe »

It's so hard to find an enlightened comment to help your situation. I have been in the streets before. Once I lived in a dozen different places in the same year. It's unlucky to rely on luck. I've lied about my intentions just to get measly jobs just to save my ass. Never lied about my experience (in my culture they don't check references) so I have stretched the truth. I will not hesitate to use marketing tactics against the marketeers.

The hardest part is always taking a step back to put your desperation in check. Desperation is a big turnoff for employers and it keeps luck away. Everyone deserves that something good happens to them. Why not you?

Anyway, just related to your situation, hope I hit the mark with something I said!

Good...luck!
Anger is a poison you drink expecting the other person to die
-unknown

“Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage.”
― Ray Bradbury
Joe

Post by Joe »

out of curiosity, does B&B stand for :bed &breakfast in the uk?
Anger is a poison you drink expecting the other person to die
-unknown

“Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage.”
― Ray Bradbury
fightinback

Post by fightinback »

Yes Joe.
FB Delicately changing my name because I don't need to fight anymore.

Be true to yourself
Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it
Legion

Post by Legion »

Hi just a quick update I was paid and wasn't thrown out thank you to everyone that replied and gave me advice I really appreciate it I hope you are all ok hugs :)
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Legion,

May life be going well for you these days.

Here's to a very happy birthday. May you celebrate in a special way.
Sending whatever is wanted for your healing journey.

Warm regards,
Xanthia