For the Newbies and Those Thinking of Joining

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Xanthia

Re: For the Newbies and Those Thinking of Joining

Post by Xanthia »

Hi pursuinggrace,

Appreciate your update.
May each day hold a blessing for you.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
joannahopefull

Post by joannahopefull »

I could have written thaty first post. Those are exactly the kind of things going round my head now? The fraud bit. The not deserving support bit. the it can't be abuse bit, even though i know legally what happened did fit that definition. and guilt. guilt because my basic problem is just self pity and resentment but at same time i have all these trauma symptoms and diagnosis? But maybe i just have these CPTSD symptoms because i',m sensitive or a drama queen? And if i do need to tell my story either i wil be disbelieved or people will agree with me that it was shockong, oh poor you, because they want me to feel goofd about myself. so that is why i find it hard to share
Last edited by ajei on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed trigger from MT to NT
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Welcome to iSurvive joannahopefull.

It can be difficult to share - and we have no control over how others shall respond to our story.

Hopefully, you'll find assistance from members. Thanks for entrusting us with your thoughts, feelings.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
Ambercrystal

Post by Ambercrystal »

That first post... that's exactly how I'm feeling. I feel terrified... sick and wanting to run away and hide... I feel worthless and like I don't deserve to be here... but I found this site and I want to be here... it's so very difficult even to write these words...
Last edited by Harmony on Wed May 10, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi ambercrystal,

Well that scary step is out of the way. Phew. Now on to meet the great friendly fellow survivors to give support and company for the healing path. Hope you find good things here at isurvive.

You matter. You are believed.

with care,
Harmony
Ambercrystal

Post by Ambercrystal »

Thank you so much for your reply - we came here today feeling we shouldn't be here but it meant so much to see your post! :)
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu May 11, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Hello Ambercrystal,

Just saw your post and wanted to stop by to say hello, welcome and well done for expressing yourself with such honesty and courage. It can feel very daunting joining a site like this, (I know that was how I felt when I joined), but really this is a truly warm, friendly and supportive space where you will be believed and not judged. Just take your time to settle in, however you need. No pressure to post, or not.

Here with you,

Jitterbug
mikyak

Post by mikyak »

Thanks for the encouraging words wings. Yes I'm new to this site and I'm scared to share my story. I hope to get there son
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi mikyak,

Welcome to iSurvive.

Never any pressure to share. You might like to read various threads first. Feel free to check out the forums with ideas other folk have found useful such as our positive transitions and reading commentary. As a new member, I discovered a lot about myself from the sharing. Please remember that we are each unique in our healing journey.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
Emodog

Post by Emodog »

Yeah, its takes some of us 5 years of therapy to post here, and a bunch more until I am not a danger to my family and society. I came here when it all started, not knowing where it would take me, but I was afraid to make a post. I did establish a username and password, Chrome saved them for me.

5 years and I am just learning to clean the house. Its a long ride Ive been on, I'll share more of it as time goes on.
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” - Buddha