Sisterhood of the Crazy Mothers

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

learning

Sisterhood of the Crazy Mothers

Post by learning »

Since there are so many of us with insane mothers who will not respect boundaries, leave us alone, admit their own roles in the dysfunction, or act in any way, shape, or form like actual "mothers," I thought I would start a little group called the "Sisterhood of the Crazy Mothers" (or SCraM for short, since what we want is for them to SCRAM out of our lives).

Anyway, everyone with a crazy who calls herself your "mother", please feel free to post and join the sisterhood. Any guys out there that want to join? Feel free to do so, and don't be afraid of the group name.

(Even if your own particular mother is not officially crazy, please join us anyway and commiserate with the rest of the group.)

Hugs and extra strength to everyone. :)
~ learning

The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue. ~Antisthenes
There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm. ~Willa Cather
(learning to thrive since March 2007, 2248 previous posts)
audacious

Re: Sisterhood of the Crazy Mothers

Post by audacious »

:lol:
I'm there. My mom would leave me alone, in fact probably be relieved if I asked her to leave me alone. hm, now that I think about it, that makes the idea easier...
She calls maybe once every 3 months. She lives 5 minutes away. But I still only see her on holidays, birthdays, and the rare occasion she invites my kid over. She once yelled at me that she could have aborted me. Who tells there kid that?
The basic rule of dysfunctional families everywhere: "Don't talk, don't trust, don't feel." And here we are talking, trusting, and feeling! Every time we do, it's a small victory.
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

:lol:

Learning,

I'm very exhausted, worn down and worn out and you solicited a laugh from me tonight. I'm seeing a motion picture in the works. I am quite sure I will have more to add in the near future.

Lydia
Vulnerability is the most accurate measure of courage.-Brene Brown
Writer203

Post by Writer203 »

Are you kidding? I am SO joining the Sisterhood. :P
sensitive warrior

Post by sensitive warrior »

My mom definitely fits the description...I'll join. ;) Try to post more later. Her actions and inaction hurt worse than my dad/abuser's!
Sw
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

I just cut off contact with my mother. Ahh...! She told my aunt once that I have hypothyroidism because I don't put any salt on my food!? I'm joining THIS sisterhood!!!!

Baa,

Sheep
abusewarrior

Post by abusewarrior »

Ya-ya
SparklingDawn

Post by SparklingDawn »

Yep, count me in.
Last edited by SparklingDawn on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lonelylife

Post by lonelylife »

Hi Leaning,
From pretending it to be a happy coinicidence that she aligns herself only with the craziest members of the FOO, to her overall playing dumb as a doornail whenever she's been up to something underhanded, my mother is among one of the charter members of the club. :D
glowworm

Post by glowworm »

Hahaha Learning!!! Omg i am laughing so hard! What a great idea, and i LOVE the acronym, it's so appropriate ;)

My mother never bought me birthday presents after I turned 12, she only ever gave me money, ostensibly 'so i could buy whatever i wanted', but in actuality, because she just plain couldn't be bothered taking an interest in learning what i liked, or really, just learning anything about me. Once she gave me $15.60 for my birthday, or some ridiculously specific amount, this being 'what she would have given me, less the money i owed her'. Wtf.
When i turned 18, my boyfriend's family bought me a really nice cake from a bakery, gave me lovely, well thought out presents and sang happy birthday. I was so happy and surprised that i cried.

I'm totally joining SCRAM.
Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructable be found in us. - Pema Chodron