resources???

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

icey1

resources???

Post by icey1 »

Hi everyone,
I'm reall frustrated that there isn't anymore support her in the midwest. I have searched for some sort of support without having to pay. I have checked in the resources section here at isurvive and it seems that everything is either on the west coast or the east coast. What about the middle of the country. I was going to a T here but then they let her go due to cutbacks and the only way that I can get help is to pay a lot of money for another T. What is wrong with this is that why after all the trauma that I have been through, that I still have to pay. I don't really have any 3d support. When I try to talk to others about it they just ignor me and the problem. If anyone knows of any groups that are available here in the midwest please let me know. I am tired of suffering in silence. Thanks. I'm glad at least I can come here where people understand.
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
“ the thaw began,
the ice melted
and the world opened up again. ”
darkshadow

Re: resources???

Post by darkshadow »

God I have this problem too, it feels like you just get dumped right? I have to pay for my T and I have no 3d support either.

I hope you find what you need, I know how frustrating it is.
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added NT
icey1

Post by icey1 »

Thanks darkshadow,
I know there is a need for support group here in the midwest, but why only on the coasts is there resources? Do people think that it doesn't happen here and we don't need the help. Or is it that it is a better kept secret? I'll keep searching. I have a job but no insurance to pay for a Therapist. I simply don't have the money so guess I'll just keep suffering until I can find someplace that will help. I hope that you find some support.
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
“ the thaw began,
the ice melted
HealingHearts

Post by HealingHearts »

(((Icey)))

Sorry to hear that it has been so hard to find support in your area. I have been fortuate to find a few groups that deal with trauma and abuse and in fact will be meeting with someone on Friday to start our own group. There are a few ways to find groups and support that I will ask Jonesy to send to you as external links are not allowed I believe.

Let me know if that is helpful. Maybe we should make a list of supports that can be emailed to those interested as I know that you are not the first..

Maybe Jonesy can send it to Dark Shadow too if this would be helpful.

HealingHearts
Together we are stronger...
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

There is a resources list on our website but you are correct the listings are woefully slim. I am so sorry there is not much good professional support for you in healing. There are plenty of good books and good people out there. Whatever you do do not give up.

warmly,
Harmony
Magical Thinker

Post by Magical Thinker »

((((Icey)))
I am so sorry you are having trouble finding decent support for your recovery. You are not alone.
US resources are abysmal. There is only one meeting within a half hour drive, once a week, from my house, and there are only 2 of us that attend. Real therapy with a trauma therapist costs $125/ hr. I am lucky my T accepts insurance. Many do not. Sometimes the colleges and universities have referral groups for survivors. I hope Jonesy can be of help. Please keep reaching out here. I've gotten the best answers to my questions on I Survive.

((((Gentle hugs)))) if OK

Magical Thinker
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi icey1 & darkshadow

I am emailing you both some suggested places - thanks for these HealingHearts.

We try hard to keep our resources list current but it is a massive task.
It would be really useful to us if members could send information to me regarding worthwhile 3D resources in their community. They could then be listed here for the benefit of all.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
sensitive warrior

Post by sensitive warrior »

((((((icey1))), I'm sorry you don't have 3D support and there aren't resources in your area. It is really sad that you and others have to suffer alone. Keep writing here if it feels safe.
sw
icey1

Post by icey1 »

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I won't give up on me, I will survive as I always do. I get so frustrated at times. I hope that everyone has a better year and can get all the support they need.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
“ the thaw began,
the ice melted
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi icey1

Did you receive my email?
You are important