just curious

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

audacious

just curious

Post by audacious »

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. When I'm really stressed and having night terrors (and sometimes not), I am awakened by a loud, sudden noise. Sometimes it sounds like a thunder clap. Sometimes a door slamming. Or like someone has just pounded very, very loudly on the door. I googled it, and apparently it's called exploding head syndrome.
They don't know why people get this. But, since I had a lot of SA that happened at night I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Anyone else?
The basic rule of dysfunctional families everywhere: "Don't talk, don't trust, don't feel." And here we are talking, trusting, and feeling! Every time we do, it's a small victory.
Fleur

Re: just curious

Post by Fleur »

Yes ... I've thought it was part of "Dream"/Nightmare
Can't be too peculiar if there's a name for it
now I think about it - I've thought someone was knocking on front door (at 2 or 3 am ) and was terrified witless
Shall mention in therapy tomorrow
thanks for bringing this to my attention
Last edited by Fleur on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
sparrow130

Post by sparrow130 »

I had this happen the other night. It was after a day I was dealing w/a lot of body memories. I woke up suddenly at 1:30 am, thinking I could hear people outside my window. I got up and looked outside and asked my daughter if she had heard anythng and she hadn't. I figured it must have been because I had so much going on in my head that day. What you say makes sense.
sparrow
ghost

Post by ghost »

yea had stull like this
then a painful pounding in chest
and feel like i'll black out
ghost